dragster or door car

Old 12-25-2007, 08:18 PM
mrharris
APPRENTICE

all dragsters are a basic same deal see 1 see them all sorta with the exception of paint they are hard to tell apart from the stands but everybody knows a ford chevy dodge and TOPSPORTSMAN racing IS were its at 190mph in a doorcar. SWEEEEETTTTT. T/S 355G
Old 12-26-2007, 05:24 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Have to agree.As much as I like FEDs.The do kinda all blend together,especially the REDs
Old 12-27-2007, 10:18 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

Default Dragster vs door car

How about an observation from an EXTREME Newbie?

I get the thrill of the door car. The different looks etc.

I get the dragster is cheaper to run, yet they all look alike etc.

The answer is "to each his own".

You are all very fortunate to have been doing this for some time and have accumulated great knowledge and opinion. I enjoy that and repect it.

Here's my story.
At age 43, knowing NOTHING about engines, trans, door cars or dragsters I decided to jump over the fence from the stands and into the cockpit. Wife bought me Hawley School super comp classes. I went in July at Indy. Graduated, got licensed and less than a month later bought a T/K Dragster here on RJ.

The reason I'm chiming in is this. I "prefer" my Dragster only because it's MINE. My first car. My only experience.

I'm soooo freakin' happy right now I can hardly walk past it in the garage without staring at it for few minutes. I suppose it might be different had I driven, got licensed and bought a door car. But for now I'm just happy to be in the game and loving "My Car".

Pipe Cleaner or Wild Azz shiftin ride with doors, it's your ride. Love it....

Best to all.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:08 PM
bigstu
APPRENTICE

i've got close to 20 yrs. bracket racing (as time allows). i'm not a dedicated weekend warrior like i always wanted to be. not sure how many times I've come up against a dragster, but I only have 1 victory against them (thank goodness for that red bulb). even as i watch, they are the most consistant cars at the bracket races. in my opinion if you've got the time to get your door car dialed in, get a door car. i personally still prefer to plant my door car on the wheelie bars and let it ride, victory or not. keep in mind, i've never driven a dragster, so my opinion won't help but i just wanted to add to the thread.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Midlifecrisis.You are exactly right.I got my door car first,so I enjoy it more.My FED was more or less give to me by a good friend,so that makes it special.The MOST important thing is to just enjoy it.WIN OR LOSE.