CALLIES COMPSTAR SBC CRANK$

Old 02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default eagle cranks

Most of the guys that peddle these mediocre (at best) Chinese forgings over quality parts, do so because they are trying to sell based solely on price. Their targets are the "how much" customers. They are used car salesmen with micrometers. They dont, for the most part, sell Callies, Carillo, Crane, AFR, CP, Arias, Diamond, Oliver or any other top end company that will not allow a huckster to online sell to an end user for 5% over cost. Then, when problems arise, they don't want to address the problem. It's sad when someone trades integrity for a dollar.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

Everybody has there opinion, We are a well know shop and build a lot of high price engines that make a lot of power, we use Eagle.
We also sell on the average of 100 or more cranks a month; eagle cranks are not as bad as you all think they are, They have made big improvements in the last 7 years that I know off.
I would put an eagle crank up against any other out there on the market.
Plus with their new Armor finish with a 1-year warranty, how can you go wrong.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default eagle cranks

McDonalds sells the most hamburgers in town, but that doesn't make them tasty and satisfying, just cheap. Eagle and your other line, CAT, are the McDonalds of the crankshaft companies.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:26 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
Everybody has there opinion, We are a well know shop and build a lot of high price engines that make a lot of power, we use Eagle.
We also sell on the average of 100 or more cranks a month; eagle cranks are not as bad as you all think they are, They have made big improvements in the last 7 years that I know off.
I would put an eagle crank up against any other out there on the market.
Plus with their new Armor finish with a 1-year warranty, how can you go wrong.

We build alot of high end engines and we use http://kingscrankshaft.com/ as they are state of the art peices as they use CERTIFIED 4340 material where as Eagle uses NON CERTIFIED material. Call Rick at King's Crank 704-483-1005 and tell him you will your Eagle up against his cranks as he can tell you some preety good horror stories about them.

We had a customer bring a 3.480 crank in 3 years ago and we checke the stroke it was only 3.474 as we cut the deck of the block to match the stroke and it worked out fine.

And I have heard of guys cutting new Eagle cranks to get the size and phasing and stroke correct.

We have seen better results with the Scat cranks then the Eagle.

Your lucky as you must get all the good ones LOL.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 AM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

Not going argue on this one, as it will only get the crowd riled up.
There are things I know about the eagle cranks that I can't repeat, as one of the sales men over there and I are really good friends, to where I get all my inside information.
Everybody has there opinions, and every body has there own results.

Yes eagle did have a problem with there sizing 2-3 years ago, the changed crankshaft factories. Cat is now buying the forgings that are coming out of the old eagle factory, and good luck getting one as cat never has them in stock.

Like I said, not going to argue as there is always a critic in the crowd.
Use what ever you feel comfortable with.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 AM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default eagle cranks

cncmotorsports: one question to a dealer of eagle cranks.

Does the same Eagle representative handle the warranty issues on the cranks and the rods? I personally have dealt with no less than seven separate occurances involving manufacturing and design flaws in regards to distorted bores at the parting lines. Each time Eagle claimed this is "rare and no one else has complained". That is total BS and takes away what little credability Eagle had with engine builders. Perhaps Eagle cranks mate up very good with a big Mac and fries. Save the Eagle crank sales pitch for the "how much" guys who don't know any better. When you attempt to fling the Eagle Quality with the guys on here, you also will lose credability
Old 02-14-2008, 10:58 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: eagle cranks

Originally Posted by bubbabbc
cncmotorsports: one question to a dealer of eagle cranks.

Does the same Eagle representative handle the warranty issues on the cranks and the rods? I personally have dealt with no less than seven separate occurances involving manufacturing and design flaws in regards to distorted bores at the parting lines. Each time Eagle claimed this is "rare and no one else has complained". That is total BS and takes away what little credability Eagle had with engine builders. Perhaps Eagle cranks mate up very good with a big Mac and fries. Save the Eagle crank sales pitch for the "how much" guys who don't know any better. When you attempt to fling the Eagle Quality with the guys on here, you also will lose credability
You must be talking about the quality Eagle Sir Rods, If a customer brings them in we just tell the to send them back and we use a set of the Scat Procomp rods with the 7/16 bolts and no issues with the Scats like we see the with Eagle rods.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default eagle cranks

Exactly the rods I was referring to. Everyone knows the problem. When you talk to the Eagle clan, they tell you it's an isolated incident and no one else has had a problem. The quality of the crank, however, is more wide spread. I've had their top of the line forged cranks reworked before they could be used. One had .004" R/O on the center main. The customer drags the junk in the door, so he's the one footing the bill. Now you've got a 010/010 crank of questionable quality for a higher price than a Callies. Was it less expensive? Only the initial purchase, and I guess Eagle's warranty is free, at least to Eagle and their dealer. You can polish a turd all you want, but when you get done it's still a piece of shit.
The only time I would use an Eagle crank over another aftermarket is if the other choice was CAT, which, incidentally, is made by the same company as Eagle.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

There are always better parts for more money no doubt. My personal opinion is that the Eagle parts are a decent quality part, with this I am not saying that callies is junk because they are a superior part.
Here is a link to Shafiroff Racing engines...
http://www.shafiroff.com/sportsman/434_825.asp
I think they are a good company that stands behind the parts they put in their motors and as you can see it is an Eagle Crankshaft in this motor..

The "SIR" Rods I can say I had success there too..379ci up to 225hp of Nitrous on a 500HP motor and up tp 7000RPM without any issue's.

As far as which part to use, my opinion is it depends on how much power you are going to make and if you are running N/A or not.

Like cnc-motorsports said I am not here to offend anyone just share an opinion.