RACING JUNK MADE ME SEND MY MONEY TO A SCAMMER

Old 12-04-2007, 07:40 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

You said it best bbms1000.... have to forget and get on with life.... sorry to hear about your loss. Happy Christmas to all.... unless your a different religion... then Happy Holidays! :lol:
Old 12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
I have tried to be polite to you mostly but what does it take to tell you

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER THE ADS...THAT IS NOT WHAT THE MODS AND ADMINS DO...CALL RJ WITH YOUR COMPLAINT..

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER THE ADS...THAT IS NOT WHAT THE MODS AND ADMINS DO...CALL RJ WITH YOUR COMPLAINT..

Now unless you are really my ex-wife trying to annoy me, then surely you will understand this...
say...I have an idea. Why don't you guys scan these f***ing ads and get rid of the scammers!! :evil:

:P
Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 PM
bbms1000
JOURNEYMAN

O'h and by the way this is not my origanal post 8) someone changed the topic. ??? But that is alright because i think we are all on the same page now. Merry X-mas or happy holiday's blownSST , no it is bbms1000, that is my jet boat name. 8)
Old 12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
scorpio601
APPRENTICE

I read and re read all the things that yous have been bitching about on this post about racing junk not wanting to take resposibility for the guys that scammed yous. Heres a good question for yous...If you bought something from a person who put an add in a newspaper...and it turned out that you got scammed because it wasnt what the person who placed the add described it to be..Do you freak on the newspaper or the guy that sold it to you? The newspaper has no control over who is and who is not a scammer, just like racingjunk has no control..hell...for that matter, whats stopping someone who's been scamming people to come up with a whole new name and profile and start all over again?

If anyone has to worry about being scammed its me. I live in Northern Ontario Canada and I buy stuff off racingjunk due to the fact that good race parts are hard to come by for a decent price in Canada..So far i have purchased a complete race ready 514 BBf with powerglide off a guy in Nashville, A Jr. Dragster off another guy in Massachussetts, A spare tranny off another guy in New Orleans, A carb off a guy in Kentucky and other misc. stuff like MSD boxes, shifters, distributors Etc. The hard part for me is trusting someone that lives that far away from me...But..before i send them any big amout of money i get to know them a little, phone them a few times, find out where they work and stuff like that...When i purchased the engine i even phoned the bank that the guy dealt with and talked to the manager to see what kind of guy I was sending my money to...So far I have dealt with some good stand by there word kinda guys (except for one guy...but i learnt quick not to send my money to him)

Dont forget guys, I have to trust most of these people to crate these big items properly and have them shipped to me also. (ya i know...sucks to be me for living in Canada...ha ha ha)

But if/when i do get ripped off...I would never expect racingjunk to come to my rescue because it was not racingjunk that ripped me off.

One thing though that i would really like to see on racingjunk is a post that we can go to that lists in alphabetical order all the people that scammed honest racers...sometimes to find a person thats a scammer you have to go threw anywhere from 1 to 10 pages and read a ton of posts to see if the guy your attempting to purchase something off has scammed someone else...then if it turns out that person is not a scammer, then his name can be removed by racingjunk staff...OR...we should all be forced to use our real names...that way if your in doubt if the guy is for real...phone the phone company and see if theres a guy with a specific name living in a certain city/town with a phone number..Then before the person is allowed to post anything for sale, racingjunk can accually check out the guys info to see if he is for real...Of course there will always be a few that slimes there way threw the cracks...but this might stop alot of the scamming.

These are just a few ways of making it alot safer for the guys that get scammed...And yes...i do feel for the people that get scammed out of there hard earned pay to some low life dick weed that only knows how to rip off good folks.

Thanks for your time :>)

Rick
Old 12-30-2007, 06:52 PM
mrharris
APPRENTICE

somebody get the popcorn theres going to be a fight . stir it more and it will stink more ..... hey guys i got $20 on topsportsman hummmm but then again MATT is owell i want $20 on matt too. hehehe hurry up with that corn and LLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE bring me something to drink too it might go sevral rounds.....LMFAO :P