AVO coilovers

Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
lsrholder
JOURNEYMAN

Default AVO coilovers

Gettin' closer to finishing this guys, then maybe I can answer ?? instead of asking them.

Need dealer info for AVO "Promaster" adjustable coilover shocks. These are on the rear of my 23T altered, and have a knob to adjust them 1 to 4 diff settings. 4 link rear set-up.

Would like to have them checked-rebuilt-replaced, considering they're 19 yrs. old. No visible leaks or problems. Perhaps someone in the Div 1 area, that would be closest to me.

Thanks again for all the help and thought put into everyones answers/ideas.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

if i can give you my 2 cents...on this..

if you got a shock that old and its a single adjustable shock..there is good chance it may not be rebuildable...even if it is, for what it would cost you you would be better off (IMO) To buy you a new set of single adjustable shocks between $250-$300..
contact Autofab race cars at 410-796-8777 ( they run a pretty good deal on their new shocks)

i had a set of double adjustable Koni shocks rebuilt this past year by Koni Industries and it cost me $300..only reason i went this route was because each shock was close to $500 a piece to replace new... if it had been a single adjustable shock for under $300 a pair...i would bought a new set hands down.

My 2 cents

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-06-2008, 03:46 PM
lsrholder
JOURNEYMAN

Default AVO shocks

Bjuice.... that's a lot of good advice for only $.02. Thanks for your input, it will be well used............