bad experience with Tamraz

Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default bad experience with Tamraz

I bought fenders from Tamraz 2-15-10, never took them out of the box, they assured me they were high guality for fit and finish, shame on me for believing that ,got them in a good mark box. My body guy opens the boxes a couple of days ago and they are wavey (from manu) on the body line.. right fender, the left one was usable but had been repaired from the inside with a body hammer, I called them (my salesperson BH) he suggested to bring them in .He said in the original box in the condition I got them, so I could sell them to someone else ????? Now I am not sure what he meant by that but please form your own opinion. I have to be carefull what I write because the manager Todd told me to write the facts or I will hear from an attorney. Any way the second conversation today they were not very customer focused and after clearing up the managers facts on the story and situation and issues .He thought I wanted money back,all I wanted was the product I paid for, but they do not have them in stock and I cannot wait, so the cost to me to repair the fenders is 310 for both. (that gives you an idea of how bad they were)The manager did say he would try and work with me on discounted parts in the future, They offered no other recourse...That will not happen. I suggested to the manager Todd that he was not handling this sale well and that in the long run, the company will suffer. I just did my taxes and spent over 33k last year on my 2 chevelles and other projects and cars stuff. Tamraz got about 600.00 of that and they will get no more. Not good busniess pratice. Just as a side note when I bought the fenders I had asked if they have any problems with them and the sales person stated "Zero ,never any problems," I wonder what they will say now? Not sure if they advertize on RJ .I welcome feed back on this
Be care out there
JMO
Old 04-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Bixblk:

That is unacceptable. Another case of bad service... and for what??? The cost of a few fenders. The inflexibility of the company in their service will cost them more than the fenders. Worse, they warned you about going away from the facts to protect themselves for their own quality & service they screwed up on??? I am SOOOO sick of this: "Be careful, or you will hear from our attorney." If they can feed that bloated & fat attorney, then they can afford to take care of a customer who buys a couple fenders. All you wanted was what you paid for... quality fenders. Hey, no one is perfect... I do not care who you are. I work in manufacturing & service myself. These examples are why we are driving buisness away from the USA... we are precious few anyways. Noted... they are on the "do not buy" list for me. Scooter
Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

That sucks. I have bought a few small things from them but no sheetmetal. I am getting ready to buy fenders , a quarter pannel, hood, and trunk floor for my 70. I think I will stick with Ausleys.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I have had nothing but problems with aftermarket sheetmetal from everybody I have delt with. the big problem is no matter who you buy from there all manufactured by the same co's. dynacorn, goodmark etc.... I have even bought the same parts twice with the promiss that new tooling is now being used. for example , inner left rear quarter panel for 71 elco first on was so far off it wasn't usable, the second one doesnt match the first one and both dont match the original. ex#2 bought both rear quarter panels for the same el camino. right side was off in every dimension, big time when I went to hang it I hand to stop before I stomped it into the floor. I was able to find a set of n.o.s originals , fit perfect, took a tape measure to both and found fuel door on left side off by 3/4 in in one direction & about the same in the other. BOTH QUARTERS WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE. these were made by dynacorn . your not alone my brother!!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

They at least need to pay for repair's :!: :!: I love attorney's my Dad is one :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default thanks for the support and feed back

Hey guys thanks for the feed back, scooter you are dead on with the mentality,I had specifically asked about fit and finish because this is not my "first dance" and the salesman (BH) told me """"ZERO PROBLEMS, I ASSURE YOU THE FIT AND QUALITY IS GREAT"Just like the internet ads states,...We offer the finest quality GM parts....
Globally speaking... in my opinion companies that allow that behavior deserve what they get.

I better be carefull and only state the facts !!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Whats the attorney going to say. Sorry my client sold you some bad fenders in a good box. I would not let that scare you too much. Customer service is on the back burner for most companies these days.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

It is common knowledge when you buy aftermarket sheet metal it needs to be worked to fit. I have some dvd's that were madeby GOODMARK where they replaced every panel on a Chevelle...they had to cut and weld on one of their new fenders to get a perfect fit. I'm not saying it's right but that's how it is. That's why it is usually best to repair originals than to use aftermarket...unless you can't. I even seen in a catalog selling cab corners for 53-56 ford f100's. The ad said

" This panel is junk.Use to make patch panel only.Unusable as a whole panel"
Old 05-02-2010, 06:54 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

had same problem with el camino rear left floor pan, as a whole panel it was usless, made a patch panel out of it also.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default they stated they were fine zero problems

That is part of the trouble, the salesperson told me they were the best quality and would fit fine and they have had zero problems , so these will work out fine, I specifically asked about fit and quality and how much rework would be needed. "zero problems" they were misrepresented, and than was not able to deal with it properly, I will not do busniess with them,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -