Into the 12's

Old 08-05-2007, 01:10 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

CONGRATS CARL!!!!!! running good, running hard, are you having fun yet?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:20 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Good to hear you got it down some, if the money is available i would go to 9"X28.5" mickys they will fit with the correct offset rim. That's what i used to run and mine went 11.50's all day long with a mild rat motor and pull the front wheels.
I hope you have C-Clip eliminators on those rear axles . It would be a shame to mess up that beautiful body on the 65 :shock:

Zip.
Yeah, I have c-clips on her....so do you know the wheel offset I can use to get that 9X28.5 to fit?

Originally Posted by spib
I am having a blast....each time I tweak a few more tenths out of her I can hardly contain myself :lol:
Old 08-05-2007, 03:34 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Doin good Carl! 8)

Feels about the same when I last raced my 4cyl S-10, mid 18's stock. :shock:
Old 08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

way to carl congrats there buddy.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:37 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevguy65
Originally Posted by zipper06
Good to hear you got it down some, if the money is available i would go to 9"X28.5" mickys they will fit with the correct offset rim. That's what i used to run and mine went 11.50's all day long with a mild rat motor and pull the front wheels.
I hope you have C-Clip eliminators on those rear axles . It would be a shame to mess up that beautiful body on the 65 :shock:

Zip.
Yeah, I have c-clips on her....so do you know the wheel offset I can use to get that 9X28.5 to fit?

Originally Posted by spib
I am having a blast....each time I tweak a few more tenths out of her I can hardly contain myself :lol:

I believe i had 5" offsets 8" weld wheels and they cleared the drum brakes, it's been a long time ago, over 20 yrs. ago.

Zip.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:15 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YOU KNOW CHEVYGUY65---12 SECONDS IS PRETTY FAST FOR THE 1/8 MILE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ---JUST KIDDING GUYS!!!!---KEEP UP THE ADJUSTING AND PREP WORK AND YOU WILL GET THE LITTLE ET CHANGES YOU ARE AFTER :lol: :lol: KEEP IT SAFE--LIVELY
Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 AM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

Congratulations, Carl! Going 12's in a sweet looking street Chevelle with consistant times is priceless! Good going!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey Carl,
Now that's awesome I'll bet with some decent weather and some more dialing in you'll be in the low to mid 12's. You'll pick up the 60 ft times when you get it to hook. Sounds like you were focused on bracket racing. You did good Carl. Glad to see you having fun.