Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

57 last friday, 52 on saturday. monday morning it was 12!!! :shock:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Swiley383
There is a ice storm headed for Nashville. It started raining about 30min ago. I work in Nashville and live about 40mi west and there is a ice storm warning form Dickson county (were I live) west so be careful Rabbit.
Seriously? I gotta check the weather.

We have our annual meetimg this weekend every year at the Holiday Inn near the airport. Several years ago we couldnt even go near the hotel because the last half of the parking lot was down hill and was all covered in ice and snow.

Im riding with someone and were going to stop by Summit on the way up to buy a new helment and racing suit. Maybe I'll wear it when we get close to Nville.
Ill be one mad sob if I cant get back by 3 on Sunday to watch the Falcons. I'm their good luck charm this year!! Lol
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

rabbitt, youll only be about 2 hrs from me.im in n.al.just down interstate 65.sorry im going to miss ya. would have loved to meet you...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Been raining here 5 of the last 6 days, temps high in the 30's low around 30* ice every where schools closed trees down in Monroe, roads closed due to ice.
This is so not right, last yr. i cut my grass in Jan. O'h well i'll get over it my frig is full of food, including Venison and my Central heat is working fine so i don't have to go anywhere.

Zip.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

The ice storm did not amount to much. Were I live about 40 miles west of Nashville got about a 1/4 in of ice on the trees and ground but the roads never froze over. This morning coming to work I had no trouble the closer I got to Nashville the less there was.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
rabbitt, youll only be about 2 hrs from me.im in n.al.just down interstate 65.sorry im going to miss ya. would have loved to meet you...
Yea, I know. I've checked out everybody's home town on here and I go close to or have been close to several of you guys during my travels, but I'm always driving late at night and in a hurry to get there and back. I gotta slow down and smell the roses one day.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Heading into our 6th week of single digits and teens. So cold my fluorescent tubes won't fire ! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Been pretty cold here since Monday. It was 8 degrees this morning but the damn wind chills are below zero! I dont mind cold but throw in that wind and it starts to hurt after being outside for just a few minutes! :x

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Dang boys... that IS cold. Makes it hard to work on stuff when it is that cold. I guess you just hunker down & plug in the block heaters & keep the batteries charged. Drain the tanks in the RV. etc... hang in there.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Harbone
Been pretty cold here since Monday. It was 8 degrees this morning but the damn wind chills are below zero! I dont mind cold but throw in that wind and it starts to hurt after being outside for just a few minutes! :x
WE ARE SPOILED FROM ALL THE GREAT JANUARY WEATHER WE HAVE HAD. :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -