Rare or Not?

Old 08-27-2019, 08:30 AM
PWRFUL8
SHOW GUEST

Cool Rare or Not?

I have a 1970 454" LS7 in my 1968 Pontiac. The car has been setup for only drag racing. I have recently pulled the motor out due to a couple worn pistons. It appears to be std bore. I am wondering if the engine has any real value to sell as is or have it refreshed
Old 08-31-2019, 07:42 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

If it is an LS7, it is a crate motor. Not a lot of value, as bigger engines pull in the bucks now...
Old 09-03-2019, 06:32 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Value may depend on the block and head casting and date codes. If it is a 1970 date code and is a 4 bolt main, last casting date numbers 512, that may have value. Also what are the head casting numbers and date code? If it is a crate engine it may not have numbers on the block pad in front of the passenger head. If it does, it could have a code for the plant it was built in, the model car it was installed in and the serial number of the engine that will match the particular car.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:45 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

If it an actual LS7, it is a crate motor, they never installed in a production car...