traction and tires

Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

If you have a manuel valve body in your trans, you can put your car in 3rd or high gear and stall your converter usually you can hold your car to 90% of your total stall because of the gearing difference. The difference between the rpm you can stall in first gear and your total stall is what is considered your flash stall. As for a four link, I dont think they hit any harder than a ladder bar, they do give you more adjustment and mostly allow you to take out how hard your car hits. A footbrake car seems to transfer weight alittle slower so your car need to transfer weight easier than a transbrake car. Your car will probably leave better with a transbrake for that reason.JMO
Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
RM1
APPRENTICE

robsbird,the other racers have explained it real good I would ad a couple things to help one is drive your car in the pits around 2000rpm in low gear and smash the gas and see where the tack goes before the car moves this is your flash,if staging to high you've loaded the chassie and with out some flash it wont transfer the wight.If go to a trans break you control the launch and rule of thum is you want be 1000 or 1500rpm less than or advertised setting.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
robsbird
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default flash

:shock: 8) ok , now what is the best way to use flash. and thanks rob
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
RM1
APPRENTICE

rob,start at a idle point around 1350 in grear just so the car rows a little w/no break,when you stage the car casses will not be loaded then bring the r's up to 18 to 2000rpm.Stage shallow just flicker the 2nd bulb this will give you that little exter room to launch.If you stay low on the idle it will take more gas to get to 1350rpm and it will loaded the casses.When see the last yellow mash the gas the flash should go to were the convertor stalls, and launchs the car with all the weight transfer. Your cam is big so it might not idle at 1350 so just play with it. RM1
Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 AM
robsbird
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default thanks rm1

:lol: thanks rm1 ill try that next saturday on the 28 I can,t go this week I just traded for some fiberglass door and fenders. wan,t ot put those on this week and ill let you know what happens. rob