Ron Rathgeb Win @ Gateway International Raceway

Old 06-13-2009, 08:38 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Default Ron Rathgeb Win @ Gateway International Raceway

He killed them on the tree!!!
Well guys, Kinda of braggin tonight, My son in law was running in Pro tonight at Gateway International Raceway. To night was "THE KING OF THE TRACK" event.

He and his father Ron Rathgeb Sr. have been spending quite a few hours out in the garage buring the midnight oil working out the bugs in his Nova II since they backhalfed it this past winter.

Make a long story short, he won in his division and took home a Wally.

Great job. Don't spend all that prize money in one place....

If you have a few minutes, Google Ron Rathgeb. He has quite a few wins and won track champion quite a few times for his age. There are also quite a few articles on him in various new articles and magazines.

Street Track Champion
2001, 2002, 2003

High School Champion
2001, 2003

Jr. Dragster Champion
Old 06-21-2009, 05:04 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Ron's a good kid. I remember when he was coming to the old track with his dad. He must've been about 12. We would have a reaction time pot during the time runs and he would sit in the stands and record the RT's for us.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah he is a great Son in law. Ron has had a pretty busy schedule the last couple of years. He hasn't been able to race as often as we all wish since he has gotten married, had a child, and built their new house. We are really hoping to see him at the track a lot more from here on out...+

Ron and his dad just backhalfed the nova II and did not even have time to make any test runs before the King of the Track Race. The car seemed to leave straight and hard. I guess they did a pretty decent job, Ron brought some money home on race night.