How to tell if a car is a true ss car

Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
[it is starting to rust under the top and has a few dings in it to fix but nothing major except a passenger side fender that I kicked during a temper tantrum ops: (I put moderate sized dent in fender,so out of anger I kicked it and ruined the fender...smart,huh?)...
Been there done that. Small problem and frustration caused me to throw something making a $75 problem a $300 problem. We learn thru our mistakes.!!

Dave
Old 06-12-2009, 02:49 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

temper...temper.... i know the feeling, last week i was trying to fit & align shitty dynacorn quarters on gmc sprint(elcamino) & had to walk away from it before i kicked shitt out of it!!!! :evil:
Old 06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

What happened to the fender:This was years ago I was probably 22 or 23 years old at the time

I had an old stock hood from the same car...I had it outside leaned up against my dads garage..he insisted I put it inside so I did. I was putting the car in his garage and was in a big hurry cause I had plans that night...Well just as I was pulling in the hood slid away from the inside garage wall right in my way...Like an idiot I kicked the car up into neutral instead of park while I got out to move the hood( you probably know where this is going :P ) well it had a very loose converter in it so it would sit still almost if in gear...I either had it in drive instead of neutral or hit the shifter when I got out (again I was in a big hurry) As I was moving the hood the car crept fwd and rubbed the garage door opening. I jumped in it and stopped it before it crunched it and the door...I got out cussing like a sailor.Kicked the fender like an idiot then focused my rage on the stock hood that caused the whole thing. I cart wheeled it into the yard and began stomping on it all the while cussing the air blue.....LOL
My father heard the commotion and thought I was hurt or something and came running outside ....then of coarse it was HIS FAULT that I wrecked my fender cause he made me put that old hood inside... :lol:

Funny thing was that old stock/flat hood survived a pretty vicious stomping with very little damage.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ah yes, the joys of being younger & tempers. Here is a good one too...

One day when I was younger I was at the lake having a great time. I had left my dog in the back yard at home. I agreed to let my brother in law put his dog in my back yard & join me at the lake w/ my friends too. Upon my brother in law bringing over the other dog to my home while I was gone, my neighbor started yelling at him: "you are not leaving that F-ing dog here, the other one is loud enough!!" My neighbor chewed him out & set rules on MY property that I owned... made me mad. So, he brought the dog to the lake in the truck & explianed how my neighbor had yelled at him & treated him. (this is where it gets good) I jumped in the car, went home, (at night/late at this point) went into the shop & grabbed a chainsaw. my neighbor had his mailbox on a treated 4X4 post at the end of my drive way (I let him do this). Pretty late at night, I sawed the mail box off & threw it on his front porch. that will teach you SOB for yelling at my family!!!

The next day, I found out that neighbor was the WRONG one. He had done nothing... it was the other neighbor. My temper really was bad when i was young. I had to EAT HUMBLE-PIE BIG TIME!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

I Love the 70 chevelles as you can see, thats my prosteet car. My race car is almost off the jig at the chassie shop another 70 chevelle pro mod chassie all fiberglass body and chrome moly. It will probly be next year before I get to run it. Had to talk about it. Excited
Old 06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Ah yes, the joys of being younger & tempers. Here is a good one too...

One day when I was younger I was at the lake having a great time. I had left my dog in the back yard at home. I agreed to let my brother in law put his dog in my back yard & join me at the lake w/ my friends too. Upon my brother in law bringing over the other dog to my home while I was gone, my neighbor started yelling at him: "you are not leaving that F-ing dog here, the other one is loud enough!!" My neighbor chewed him out & set rules on MY property that I owned... made me mad. So, he brought the dog to the lake in the truck & explianed how my neighbor had yelled at him & treated him. (this is where it gets good) I jumped in the car, went home, (at night/late at this point) went into the shop & grabbed a chainsaw. my neighbor had his mailbox on a treated 4X4 post at the end of my drive way (I let him do this). Pretty late at night, I sawed the mail box off & threw it on his front porch. that will teach you SOB for yelling at my family!!!

The next day, I found out that neighbor was the WRONG one. He had done nothing... it was the other neighbor. My temper really was bad when i was young. I had to EAT HUMBLE-PIE BIG TIME!!!
BWAAHAHAHAHAAHA :lol:
Old 06-12-2009, 05:49 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

oops :lol: :lol:
Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Default Dont be taking my chevelle

You know I started the question and live in sweethome so dont be taking my chevelle out of the field it may be the one I am looking at ha ha got to go big car show in sweet home in the morning..
CPT.RON 8) 8) 8)