still good people out there

Old 06-28-2008, 05:44 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Default still good people out there

i placed a add here on rj awhile back looking for glass bodt parts for our nova.i had a few calls and messages, i will admit that a couple of people a told i would talk it over with my son(my buisness partner also) and i would call them back and i did completely forgot they called. to them all i can say is im iam truly sorry. i would not like to been done that way myself. to the peole i did forget to call i ask that you forgive me as this is not normal behavior for me. now i did take a call from a rj member who said he had a complete frontend and he only wanted 250. for it. i asked him to find out how much shipping was going to be. he lives in homestead fl. (you could almost see cuba).i live in north al. 910 miles! while waiting to find out freight he called and said if i would come and get it he would just give it to us!! im cribbled up from a bike wreck pretty good so i havent been anywhere in awile. hurts my hips and legs if i sit or walk too much.but off we went, in a dodge hemi no less! im not going to add up what this trip cost my shop ill let my son do it and not tell me.anyway we got there 14 hrs later. spent the nite met him the next morning and he had it crated up and ready to go.he also gave us a narrowed early style rearend houing (gm pumpkin syle). i have NEVER EVER met anyone as nice as this man.i have long hair a long grey beard and plenty of tatoos (im a biker what can i say) wear a leg brace and walk with a cane most people shy away from me. not him he made me feel right at home.i wish i could have stayed and talked with him a lot longer but my boys wanted to go into the keys so we had to hitail it out of therethe mans user name is bowlerrb real name is rodger.he too is building a nova 72 i think. anyway pm him see if you have anything that he could use.sorry this post is so long but i had to say my peice. thank you rodgeryou have no idea how much you helped us with the car and helped restore my beleif that there are people out there that just want to help. thanks again my friend.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

That's great to hear...there are good people out there and many of em are on RJ.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:36 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

since my wreck,all the peopl i called friends seem to have vanished.which in turn made me start to dislike people. (i ended up with some brain damage, i acn forget in mid sentence what we are talking about, i istill build custom cars and bikes, scary aint it.)anyway i joined rj just to look better when i buy or sell, when i read the posts it looks like most everyone are great friends oe family, now i would like to be part of that. buying or selling seems to have takin a back seat RJ IS THE PLACE !!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've bought from and sold to some really good people on here.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

All the people whom I see here on a regular basis are good folks... good to know you all. We are all a little funny one way or another... but brothers in hot rods none the less. Hell, I don't relly know what "normal" is anymore... it's good to see people helping each other out.