Here's a mix from about six years ago

Old 11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Default Here's a mix from about six years ago

The set up:

I did this vid of my nephew's '37 Chev so we could send it to his cousin who was on his first tour in Afghanistan (currently on his 3rd tour, this time in Iraq) so that he could see what was going on back home.

The video was shot on a crappy little analog camcorder and when it was loaded to the computer via USB the audio went out of sync. Anyway, I burned this to a DVD or two and we sent a copy to the cousin.

After he got home he told us that one of the officers saw him watching this and gathered the entire platoon around and they all watched it about 50 times. That made me feel pretty good that I could give 'em a little 'home'.

My bro-in-law got the other copy and recently brought it over to me to copy as a computer crash a few years ago cost me the master and all of the stills used.

Ok, here it is, I apologize in advance for the crappy quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjdpqZiPaM

Oh, by the way, the car has undergone some changes since then. Was a 383 running mid 11's, is now a 434 running mid 10's. And I rewired it for him last summer so that spaghetti mess hanging under the dash is no longer there.

Murff
Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM
gs97s10chevy
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Nice ride. luv the looks of an old 38 .. how much does that beast way just out of curiousity? 434 makes that bad boy move good ..Gary
Old 11-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

GREAT VID MURF, wife and i watched it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!David.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Cool Murff !!!!!...hey i just noticed something...WE TALK DIFFERENT OVER HERE THAN YOU DO ???...WHATS UP WITH THAT ????? LOL :shock: 8)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

there is that car, I love, I have seen this over the years and this yr met murff in person and saw this car down in yakima, I love this ride , very cool vid and good family!!!!!! good job murff!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Wll geez guys, thanks. Didn't really expect such good reviews. Glad you liked it.

The '37 weighs in at around 3500, it's all steel except for the rear fenders.

'Juice, I spent all day at a trade show today, manning our exhibit with a rep from Huntsville Alabama. I'll probably be talking like Jeff Foxworthy for the rest of the week.

Murff
Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Murff,

We gonna party this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have cam corder in hand and we are going to get bent...Saweet!!!!!

Besides loving the rides you have great taste in music!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Murff
Wll geez guys, thanks. Didn't really expect such good reviews. Glad you liked it.

The '37 weighs in at around 3500, it's all steel except for the rear fenders.

'Juice, I spent all day at a trade show today, manning our exhibit with a rep from Huntsville Alabama. I'll probably be talking like Jeff Foxworthy for the rest of the week.

Murff
LOL

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

very cool ride, its always a blast seeing them older cars resurected and made into something like that.
But please somebody put some metal around that transmission bellhousing! Seeing their legs that close to it while driving made me cringe.
>< Cp
Old 12-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by cepx111
very cool ride, its always a blast seeing them older cars resurected and made into something like that.
But please somebody put some metal around that transmission bellhousing! Seeing their legs that close to it while driving made me cringe.
>< Cp
Be assured that all safety equipment has been replaced and updated. The trans tunnel was on the task list that day, just hadn't been beat out yet and it was getting late in the day so the vid was shot first.

I expected to hear more about the rats nest wiring. I did a total rewaire of that car last summer, came out so nice that I'm re-wiring my own car over this winter so that it looks better than theirs.

That car came out of a stream in Eastern Washington amnost 30 years ago, was a street rod for more than 20 years and has been strictly a drag car for about the last 7 - 8 years. With the addition of the Fiat Altered it looks like the '37 may either go back to the street or be slowed down to run a Sportsman class.

We'll see.

Murff