NHRA CERTIFICATION?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by ashbros
I had a similar experience with the same fat a$$ guy @ gateway.

:shock: Imagine that........ :shock:

He did not care to take the time to show me the rule book, just wanted to blow me off. When he did not have his rule book to point it out to me, I pulled out mine and flipped to the page in question....

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!

He waddled around my car and tried his dambest to find something else wrong, but he was unsuccessful. :twisted:

Super Pro are you running 6.60'sn the 1/8 mile or quarter??? I am assuming 1/8 mile........
Sounds like we oughta go out and have a beer to talk about stupid stories from Waitway.
Yeah we should, I get out toward belleville / fairview about once or twice a month on business. Just completed the renovation at Comfort Inn & Suites and built a strip mall in O'Fallon, Illinois. Just of 64 & Hwy 50
Old 08-19-2009, 02:56 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Big Al Has been pretty good to me over building the altered. But I know of other people who have had problems with him.

Like everybody else, there's no reason to recert a chassis if you slow the car down. So according to your tech guy, If I buy a certified door car and only run 11.50, it needs to be recertified? I don't think so.

My car runs 6.40's for a reason. The chassis is certified and I will keep up on it to help with the value of the car. But I'm not spending the money on a physical and license.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

My car has an 8.50 NHRA certification on it. I went to Pittsburgh Raceway Park this past week-end and ran the IHRA Pro-am and Sportsman Nationals. I ran in Super Rod which runs on a 6.40 1/8th mile index. The tech guy never even looked for a certification. This is the first time I had run at an IHRA event. The staff was super nice! I think I'm gonna run some more IHRA events.

TS1955
Old 08-19-2009, 06:19 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by TS1955
My car has an 8.50 NHRA certification on it. I went to Pittsburgh Raceway Park this past week-end and ran the IHRA Pro-am and Sportsman Nationals. I ran in Super Rod which runs on a 6.40 1/8th mile index. The tech guy never even looked for a certification. This is the first time I had run at an IHRA event. The staff was super nice! I think I'm gonna run some more IHRA events.

TS1955
The certification doesn't start until you go 6.39. It used to be if you had a cage in it no matter what et it ran it had to be certified but they changed that several years ago and based it on et.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I had a similar experience with the same fat a$$ guy @

Maybe he is just big boned.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by 3dracing
Originally Posted by TS1955

TS1955
The certification doesn't start until you go 6.39. It used to be if you had a cage in it no matter what et it ran it had to be certified but they changed that several years ago and based it on et.
That was my point...Running on a 6.40 index, the tech didn't care if it was certified or not. IHRA requires a certification 6.00 and quicker in the 1/8th mile.

TS1955
Old 08-19-2009, 07:53 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I had a similar experience with the same fat a$$ guy @

Maybe he is just big boned.
Yeah, he's big boned alright. If he fell over I could roll him over to the nearest fork lift to help right him onto his cankles.