What's your Daytime Job.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

Just an ol' maintenance tech. Been doing it for 12 yrs now. Keeping CNC machines going despite the operators best intentions other-wise. Working at an auto parts store at night to keep the bills paid and the kids fed.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:15 PM
heshtesh
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I manufacture tubular steel bar stools and restraunt furniture,start with 20 ft long tubes and cut,form,drill,weld,powder coat and upholster seats.Mostly work on my own, when it comes to work i'm always willing to compromise, i'm willing to let you see it my way.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:33 PM
binderman
SHOW GUEST

I got layed off from Eaton corp. on Dec 19th, their transmission plant here in Shenendoah Iowa. I bought a gutter machine back in february, but that is even slow, I just talked to my old supervisor last friday and he says i may get called back in the next month or so thank god.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:20 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well good luck to you man. I know times are tough but we will get thru them. Just got to keep the faith going.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:16 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Well good luck to you man. I know times are tough but we will get thru them. Just got to keep the faith going.
X2.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by binderman
I got layed off from Eaton corp. on Dec 19th, their transmission plant here in Shenendoah Iowa. I bought a gutter machine back in february, but that is even slow, I just talked to my old supervisor last friday and he says i may get called back in the next month or so thank god.
GLAD TO HEAR THERE IS A PLANT TO GO BACK TO, A LOT OF OTHERS ARE NOT AS FORTUNATE. THE GUTTER MACHINE IS THE BEST JOB SECURITY . GOOD LUCK IN YOUR BUSINESS!!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by binderman
You know what? Instead of belly aching or crying, this gentleman got off his butt and searched a way to pay the bills with the gutter business. He's not looking for the government to bail him out.
Binderman, you are a great American. :!:
Dave
Old 08-10-2009, 10:11 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

X2
Old 08-10-2009, 10:17 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Dave

I couldnt have said it better myself. These are the type of people that make me proud to be an American
Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Daytime Job

I'm a Production Supervisor. If you ever bought a cup of coffee and got one of those sleeves that protects your hand from the hot cup, or a Big Mac or a Dominos Pizza, you have used our product. We make the sleeves and the containers for McDonald's and Domino's. I'm hoping this is my last year of working. I'm old and need to retire. When I say retire I mean I can cruise every day and night in my Street Machine. Here's hoping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -