johnsondaniel SCAMMER ???

Old 02-18-2008, 12:19 PM
novawagon
SHOW GUEST

Default johnsondaniel SCAMMER ???

I just got a message from a guy named johnsondaniel. I looked in the member registry and he doesnt exist. His english is somewhat broken and his requests are a bit wierd....
Here is the email he sent...LOOKS LIKE A SCAM!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have been searching fot until when i saw your ads on here and gone through all details about it.what are your full name,postal address and your direct contact phone numbers and email address so that i can arrange payment by a bank certify check or money order.i will be handling the shipping aspect of it because i got shipping company that will take good care of it for me.i will be looking forward to your reply as i cant wait to have it.i dod not have enough credit to call you.i dont have enough credit to call.if you dont mind dial+447031973428 you may not get through ontime because it was connected to the internet.looking forward to your reply.
Daniel Johnson
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know if anyone else has seen this guy trying to do this...
Thanks,
novawagon
Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 PM
redfairlaner
SHOW GUEST

Default Scammer

I have not recieved this exact email request, but when I first posted on another site, I received many of these emails and they all are worded almost the same. I actually correspoded with one(before I knew better) and he sent me a check for $3500.00 for a part that was advertised for $1000.00. Of course they wanted us to refund the excess over shipping back to them.The check was very authentic looking and drawn on CitiBank in NY. I knew what the scam was, but decided to play along for a while. I called the number on the check and of course the bank nor the address did not exist. The check came by UPS and the tracking number showed it had been all over the country before we received it. I in turn sent all emails I had received from this guy along with the UPS envelope, the check and any other info I felt relevant to the FBI Internet Scam Division. These crooks are not just one person, but an intricate network of con artists working together. I feel the majority of these people are not in the USA. It is almost as if they use the language translator on the computer to send the messages. I have not had any bad experiences, so far, on RJ. Actually, I have encountered only serious and honest people on this site. Now I can almost always pick out the scams by the wording alone. They all start out by asking about the shipping. If you are seriously wanting to purchase an item, shouldn't you be more interested in the part than the shipping. Sorry for the long post, I just felt it was something that might help someone else.