batterys

Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
br1984
APPRENTICE

Default batterys

ops: :? can any body help i have a tube chassis vega run 620s leaves hard i can not kept batters in it i have two sets napas best then i put dry cells in it ran three weeks now there bad thay are sitting in line with wheels :? :? :? :?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:40 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

put the red top optima gel cell in there...you have been slapping the plates together on the other batteries ..."KILLING THEM"...the gel battery will function upside down...it will cost you about a $140.00 but worth it..the local advance auto parts carries them now.

make sure its strapped down real good and all your connections are correct meaning your wiring etc.....make sure you have relays on any longer wiring electronics pulling any kind of amps..such as bigger fuel pumps etc... run you some in line circuit breakers and make sure you have at least one good braided ground from the engine to the chassis..i run two grounds on mine for safe keeping...to protect your car from burning down..i get cold chills when i see people wiring their cars HOT.... I AM NOT SAYING YOU HAVE DONE THIS BY NO MEANS.... a poor ground and amp over load can cause a feedback problem and eat batteries also along with other electronic's,,the circuit breaker will shut the door on this type feedback..i have saw some strange stuff with this type thing......

if all is correct in your car the GEL CELL will solve your problem. its why the battery was designed.

thanks

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
br1984
APPRENTICE

hi thanks the car does have relays on every thang but i dont think it has the ground straps it has a batter wire ground from motor to frame thanks
Old 07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

get the red top gel cell and the wide braided battery strap ($10.00) and go from block to frame and you should be just fine.

good to hear on those relays.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I have 2 of the gel cells mounted under one of my vehicles to run the electronics and they are laying on their sides in a tray and have been for a long time now...