bbc heads?

Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I wouldn't be an AARP member for ANYthing ! They backed Obamacare to the hilt just to line their own pockets.
Generation America for me ;

http://www.generationamerica.org/
Old 01-24-2012, 08:52 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

hey mechanic mike...you are right... i'm alittle older than most of you here... and i didn't get started till last year... BUT.... i raised my familey paid all my taxes...and i don't like the OLD FOLKS.. should be sitting in a rocking chair... attitude... and yes i can buy the new stuff if i choose.... but why not run what you have.... any body can buy parts... hot rodding is about building your own way....caveman........... :twisted:
Old 01-24-2012, 10:30 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bbc heads?

Originally Posted by mwbrasher
i picked up a 68 427 closed chamber pistons... 12.5 comp with 109 cc chambers.... i would like to find a decent set of aluminum heads for the vega... this is a drag car only.... any sugestions would be helpful... thanks ..caveman.... :shock:
Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

bbchevy.... you ae right i did ask for suggestions... i don't think the aarp bs is what i was looking for... thanks for your input... :evil:
Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

hey mechanic mike...you are right... i'm alittle older than most of you here... and i didn't get started till last year... BUT.... i raised my familey paid all my taxes...and i don't like the OLD FOLKS.. should be sitting in a rocking chair... attitude... and yes i can buy the new stuff if i choose.... but why not run what you have.... any body can buy parts... hot rodding is about building your own way....caveman........... :twisted:
Man Caveman, i'm a very few days short of 73, and how many times have my relatives said why don't just sell all your racing parts and cars, and relax because you'll never finish all the projects you have started (true i may not) but i've raced since i had a drivers lic. and it's the most enjoyable sport on the planet as far as i'm concerned. i've made so many friends in drag racing over the yrs. and still making them today.
I do have a couple rocking chairs on the front porch but i use them to sit out in the late afternoon and evening (weather permitting) and have a few beers and talk to a neighbor if one stops by.

Zip.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:38 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

hey zipper... if i'm down your way... maybe we can sit in your rockin chair and do some bench racin... between us old guts lol... caveman
Old 01-24-2012, 12:31 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

bbchevy.... you ae right i did ask for suggestions... i don't think the aarp bs is what i was looking for... thanks for your input... :evil:
Guess I Missed the POLITICS thing?AARP.Well I'm not on the Forum to Bust BALLS,just try and give some advise if I CAN Help!
Thats All,No MORE,NO Less!
Did you Say BeeR,..............?
If you ever make it this Far NORTH,look me up!Dont have any Rocking Chairs,but ALWAYS got a Cold Budweiser!
Later
G 8)
Old 01-24-2012, 01:26 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I didn't like the AARP comment, but it wasn't said to me, but i will say one thing about AARP, they are nothing but a lobby group for the ins. companies and i wouldn't join them if they paid me too. I personally think their tax free statis should not be allowed just as some churches due to their political ties :evil:

Zip.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
mechanicmike57
SHOW GUEST

Wasn't tryin to hurt any feelings just after a few grins sry. No prob run what u brung that is what it's about.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mechanicmike57
Wasn't tryin to hurt any feelings just after a few grins sry. No prob run what u brung that is what it's about.
:lol: Mike us old geezers have been fighting so long that's all we know to do. Heck i'm sure i could back at some of the cars i've raced in over 50 yrs. of racing i could laugh at myself also. No harm my friend.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -