Opinion on Swap

Old 11-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Originally Posted by fla1976
Sounds like you already know what you want to do. I would go with the carb because it's more straight forward and as stated, fewer gremlins.
Hahaha, true..I did kinda make my mind up didnt I?

Here is the car Im talking about, would LOVE a Big Block!!But wife would cut my testicles off if I bought one.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...276&highlight=

Sounds to me like your WIFE made up your mind! lol just kidding cause I'd probably be in a lot better shape if I'd let a women make up my mind for me more often.
I would go with a carb if it were me, simply because I don't know much about fuel injections and carbs are just simple to fix or replace.

Let me tell you, If i listened to my wife 100% of the time, I would be ALOT better off..lol All the money I wasted on cars, I could have paid for a divorce..lol hahaha..Seriously, thanks for the advice that the way Im leaning..

One question, my car right now has I believe 2 electric fuel pumps delivering 40psi at idle, Im assuming I would have to remove them and add a pump set up for carburated motors??
Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

BTW this is what I came out of...I went form domestics back int he days, to Imports, and back to domestics;This Nissan would go low 10's all night!!!I would drive it to and from the track (unless I broke..lol) and had cup holders and air conditioning..hahaha Everything was all off the shelf parts available for it, except the tranny, we adapted a TH400 for it..Best thing EVER!!! but when things broke!!!EXPENSIVE..

Example-Domestic high end cam $250 Nissan cam set-$1300

Old 11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by fla1976
Sounds like you already know what you want to do. I would go with the carb because it's more straight forward and as stated, fewer gremlins.
Hahaha, true..I did kinda make my mind up didnt I?

Here is the car Im talking about, would LOVE a Big Block!!But wife would cut my testicles off if I bought one.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...276&highlight=

Sounds to me like your WIFE made up your mind! lol just kidding cause I'd probably be in a lot better shape if I'd let a women make up my mind for me more often.
I would go with a carb if it were me, simply because I don't know much about fuel injections and carbs are just simple to fix or replace.

If she were your wife,you would let her have her way too.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Just to bump this up....I have decided to keep the Comet and drop my Carburated 355 in there and remove the LT1 from it. I am compiling a list of what I will need to do the swap and need your help.

I know I have to change the following:

Fuel pump- Currently I have an after market electric fuel pump which is High pressure. If I am correct I believe I will need to go with a lower pressure fuel pump and regulator for Carburated cars. Correct?

TQ converter- I have a pretty hot cam in the 355 and currently the tranny has a 2400 stall, Im guessing to go with a 3000 stall?

Distributer- I would like to replace the OEM distributer in my 355 and install something with a rev limit and 2 step. Any recommendations on that?

That seems about it for now...

Oh and one more question, will Headers from the LT1 bolt right up to the Gen I motor??? Or do I need headers?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

heres another option in my opinion go with a professional products projection III its efi in cab looks learns on go and not as much b.s. as a factory system then you have classic sbc classic looks modern efi driveablity
Old 12-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
heres another option in my opinion go with a professional products projection III its efi in cab looks learns on go and not as much b.s. as a factory system then you have classic sbc classic looks modern efi driveablity
If I had the $1800 for it I would..
Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

That system does look very nice!!! I think I will eventually add it.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:23 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

simple , reliable set up. holly 4150, 750 cfm , vac sec carb. msd pro billet dist, msd 6al ign box, msd blaster coil. holley blue fuel pump.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
simple , reliable set up. holly 4150, 750 cfm , vac sec carb. msd pro billet dist, msd 6al ign box, msd blaster coil. holley blue fuel pump.
Do you know if the headers are the same? Im liking that fuel injection set up and that company makes a really nice distributer too if you watch the video on their site..
Old 12-10-2010, 04:18 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Do you know if the headers are the same? Im liking that fuel injection set up and that company makes a really nice distributer too if you watch the video on their site..
for the headers I would try this forum for that answer. I have heard that sbc headers do fit the LT1 but dont have personal experence with it. http://ltxtech.com/forums/content.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -