Dang !..gettin old is tough

Old 10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Yep your right Brian. Getting old is Tough. How many times have you gone in to the garage and forgot what you went in there for?
I feel your pain but your a young man
Just wait until your mine or zips age. No disrespect Zip
Old 10-15-2008, 03:03 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

ya think it was his wife,s idea to do that?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:44 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default uuuuuuuuhh......

is that the GAS TANK he's welding on ?.........
Old 10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Yep your right Brian. Getting old is Tough. How many times have you gone in to the garage and forgot what you went in there for?
I feel your pain but your a young man
Just wait until your mine or zips age. No disrespect Zip
Hehe, hey i'm just happy to wake up in the morning and to be able to maintain my advanced ET lic. that could change next yr. when i have to re-up in May, but i don't think so. i don't get as nuch done as i used too but i eventually get it done. I've got too many projects but i think they are what gets me up in the morning. (70 in a little over 3mos.)

Zip.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Zip you sound like my father...71 and still works 10 hrs a day at a machine shop and another 5 at his house of a night.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:53 AM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yup gettin old sucks but it beats the hell out of the alternative.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Gettin' old?

Ahh, this is just something you learn to contend with. I haven't been very active mechanically, other than changing oil and other minor maintenance of cars for the last 20 years, it is harder now. I commented to a couple of my buddies just this last weekend, "this used to be more fun"! I sure don't bend like I used to and getting up off the concrete floor is alot harder than I remember it.

On the other hand, I spent the last 15-16 years involved in blackpowder shooting and historical reenacting. I've spent quite a few nites in the cold, the rain and other conditions that drive most normal people insane, if they're the least bit uncomfortable. I had a lady older than muself once ask, "why do you do that"? The only answer I could give, "I still can"! I guess I look at my old car the same way, It's still there and "I still can"!

I told my wife the other nite, when it comes to being miserable, wait until you have to load the car in the rain. It wasn't fun long ago and I'll bet it hasn't improved any with age, LOL.

I haven't done anything real dumb on this car as yet. There's still plenty to do, ample time for senior moments.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

It's good to hear all these "getting old" stories... I hope that I can keep doing things when I am older. I am 38, so I some good years left because I quit drinking. I don't care how how old you are ... smacking your knuckles on flywheel gears is annoying. Or how about smashing your finger when sliding your creeper wrong.... love it. My all time favorite: working under a dash laying upside down/backwards w/ my legs falling asleep, stuck over the non-sliding diagonal door roll bar... man, that is pure joy... clastraphobia at it's best.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
It's good to hear all these "getting old" stories... I hope that I can keep doing things when I am older. I am 38, so I some good years left because I quit drinking. I don't care how how old you are ... smacking your knuckles on flywheel gears is annoying. Or how about smashing your finger when sliding your creeper wrong.... love it. My all time favorite: working under a dash laying upside down/backwards w/ my legs falling asleep, stuck over the non-sliding diagonal door roll bar... man, that is pure joy... clastraphobia at it's best.
I hate that.(working around a cage) and once you are down there you find you have thge wrong tool. :x
Old 10-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep- it is "Murphy's Law" at it's best... always the wrong tool when you get into a impossible position working around a cage... Soooo true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -