just curious about this change

Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Isn't a Hurricain a Pro Comp Part? See a lot of them on ebay dirt cheap. I am not saying that makes them bad,just asking.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:43 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

Yes it is the car in avatar.......but that was before i sent it to a suspension guy....he put the ladder bars up one hole figuring the car would pull the wheels to high after the changes he did.....he raised the front end of the car 2inchs with new front springs,replaced the back shocks and replaced the coil overs from the 240 psi springs to 125 psi springs they r mounted in front of the rear end.........the hurricane intake is ported alot and flowing unreal numbers the victor heads weren't as a guy screwed them up that is why i am replacing them with the new afr 210 competition heads the flow numbers r alot higher from the bottom to the top...i think the heads were killing me......i guess i will find out............i can leave the ladder bars were they r until after how i see how the new heads work out and the carb work.....hurricane is made by world products.......he cut a wackout of it i have the flow sheet at home if u guys want me to give u the flow numbers...........thanks and does this help or am i going in the wrong direction
Old 10-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fishman1
.....hurricane is made by world products.......
Oh, sorry. The one I was thinking of wasn't made by Pro Comp it is made by professional Products.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hurri...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-19-2007, 06:22 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

Well i will be surprised if i don't see at least 3/10 th faster
Old 10-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

I think you might be disapointed. .3, from those heads, I don't see happening. There are "issues" with those heads, but it doesn;t take a lot of work to fix them. If it were mine, I would have just did a bit of porting to the heads you had. For WAAY less money, you could have picked up .3 tenths.

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 AM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

pwmax

What is wrong with the new afr competetion head and how do u fix it

As far as the heads i have now...i have a story aboout these heads and why i am getting rid of them....last spring i took the victor jr heads in to get ported and the did so...he was way over his estimate but anyways...he phoned me and told me they were flowing 301 cfm @.700 after his porting verus 285 out of the box.....2 days later he phoned me and told me he found a problem with the heads as the valves r pretruding 27 thou out of the heads.....i asked him that is normal and he said no so he told me he would sink them 25 thou........after paying him i asked him for the flow sheet and he gave it to me the flow number was 259 @700 now and he sunk the valves 50 thou......he argued he did the right thing.....anyways to get the flow back i got a guy to install 2.10 intake valves from the 2.08....he told me they flow 298 @700 now.....but he never sent me a flow sheet i have to go by his word.....so i figured i have enough of these bastarded heads and figuring the afr heads were the way to go.........i figure the heads r restricting me......it is going to cost me money but i am not happy the way it is right now the car should run around 10 flat not 10.20s or 10.30s...........that is why i figure 3 tenths is reasonable............thanks and i would like to hear your comment now u know a little more about my situation
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Again flow #'s mean arent everything. There is a lot more to heads then that. I used to think the samething.

I think you should have head the heads milled some took the compression upto 13-14:1 and changed from the 850HP to a 950. put a dart or victor intake on it. The hurricane I am sure was a decent intake but when all is correct that intake wont be in the ball park of other's.

Example 383 in a Mustang 2 I owned for a few months. Afr 220's, 13.5:1,victor jr intake, 645lift cam, bg 875 carb, conv was 5800 just a spare I had from my dragster it was close but not right. It weighed 2750lbs with me in it 14x32 tires. It ran 6.0's & 9.6's.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

[quote="hammertime"]Again flow #'s mean arent everything. There is a lot more to heads then that. I used to think the samething.

a dart or victor intake on it. The hurricane I am sure was a decent intake but when all is correct that intake wont be in the ball park of other's.

hammertime .....this is the flow sheet on the hurrricane before and after
]

before
296.7 cfm 302.5 cfm
262.1 cfm 280.1 cfm
272.2 cfm 246.2 cfm
295.2 cfm 287.2 cfm

after
322.8 cfm 324.2 cfm
298.3 cfm 301.2 cfm
397.3 cfm 294.8 cfm
325.1 cfm 320.7 cfm

not sure if these r good numbers but alot better then when it was stock.....do u think the victor jr intake will flow better then the ported hurricane............thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

One mans flow bench is nothing like the next guys. I like the Dart Wilson Out of box its a nice intake. I've did the hurricane, super victor and dart wilson all on a 23 degree under headed 434 Dart was well faster. Them heads were worked over by Rons a bunch and still IMO were not enough.

I'd be amazed if you seen 3 tenths with the head change without milling them down some to sneak some comp out of the motor. Just remember we race on a track not flow benches or dyno's, do both help yes they help a lot but they also give you the chasing #'s factor its easy to inflate #.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I like the Super Victor or the HV1000 intake. can't go wrong with either of them in my book. Why not go ahead and get the AFR 227's?

Just remember after you get to a certain point in the chase for more HP. There just isn't much out of the box that will give you big increases without doing some port work. If you want some good port work send them to Self Racing in Durrant Ok. Just my $.02 worth.

Of course you know this or you wouldn't be getting port work done.

http://www.selfracing.com/heads.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -