hawk racing rods?????china but so it eagle

Old 09-03-2007, 04:06 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Nabit,
Here is what bothers me about the Hawk Products, I guess more than it is probably like a Eagle knock-off etc. You say they have been doing this for years, and people have used their parts for years. I keep up pretty well with the performance industry and changing trends new mfg etc and I have never heard of them. Just like Timmyboy the original poster here was asking about another strange off brand product in a different thread.

Hawk may be great. No one knows abou the product. How could they have been in business for several years making a great product and most engine builders not know who they are.

Elgin Pro Stock was another but at least we knew who they were. Wheeler was another but we found out what he was. Renegade is another but we know who they are. Hawk is a new unheard of product. I doubt they have been in business several years. I may be wrong.

Ed
Old 09-03-2007, 04:18 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by nabit
well I guess I will be everyones guinea pig then..After I get it running and use to having all that power from the 496 I will be adding nitrous to it.....

On a cast crank? You might be sorry if you add too much nitrous,but keep us updated :P
Old 09-03-2007, 05:15 PM
nabit
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Originally Posted by nabit
well I guess I will be everyones guinea pig then..After I get it running and use to having all that power from the 496 I will be adding nitrous to it.....

On a cast crank? You might be sorry if you add too much nitrous,but keep us updated :P
just a hundred or so..Not a big fogger kit or anything...I see factory cast cranks running 200 shot so I will stay around or less than that..
Old 09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

I agree with Ed,I have been building race engines for 50 years now and keep up with everything current in the trade magazines and PRI.
I as well have never heard of Hawk.Where did you find out about them? Bill
Old 09-04-2007, 04:37 PM
nabit
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I first found them on ebay in march of 05 and started doing research on them. I googled them and found quite a few threads back then about them and still do today. I talked to a few people back around that time also that said they had them for a year already and they were doing fine and the last time I talked to one of the guys that had one his was still runnig great. and that 6 months ago so that engine was running for over 2 years but not quite 3. Yes I know they are a no name brand and that they are fairly new and that they could be the worse thing since chernobyl but they could also turn out to be like scat and eagle which went through the same complaints quite a few years back. Now I can't say that they will ever be as good as eagle or if tomorrow they will shut thier doors, but for almost 2 years I have been keeping track of them. Have talked to people that have them and still are running them for over 2 years and I still see people post about them in many forums on the internet.

My engine may blowup on ignition, which I don't want but the pistons in my engine came from an engine builders shop that had an eagle crank go south on a fresh engine but it didn't hurt the pistons so i bought them really cheap. So even eagles can have problems.

I went with them because i felt for the powerlevel I was going to be at and the amount of money I had to spend they would do just fine for me until I could build the engine I want with the parts I want. That day is along way away so the next best thing is what I did. Find a no name put a little trust in them and have my machinist look them over b4 I do anything to them and see if they are worth it. He said they looked great for the price and didn't reguire to much to balance them and that they were all fairly evenly wieghted. I may blow but then I might also run for a few years get my money out of them and then still build the engine I really want...

kia hyundai motors were the joking stock of the automotive world in the late 90's.. by mid 2000 they were competitive with american autos and by the end of the 2000 they surpassed all american cars and are rivals aainst much more expensive honda, accods and toyotas...

sometomes a crap beginning can make a wonderful future..sometimes a crap beginning just make more expensive crap...So I will find out if I have a good quality part or good expensive crap...lol...
Old 09-04-2007, 05:00 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hawk has been around a couple yrs.. I've seen them advertised by some ebay sellers outlet stores, but i've never seen a direct ad from Hawk. They may have a buy in for the ebay sellers, not sure how that works, but the rep. that i get my Procomp stuff from has a buy in with a company, that imports and machines parts from China. He had to sign a $10,000.00 buy in contract for the first yr., but the prices are dirt cheap. Like a 383 rotating assy with rings,king bearings,5140 stl. crank, sir rods and kB hyperutectic pistons, included stl. balancer. flex plate and balancing,my cost $549.00.

Zip.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:27 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

"kia hyundai motors were the joking stock of the automotive world in the late 90's.. by mid 2000 they were competitive with american autos and by the end of the 2000 they surpassed all american cars and are rivals aainst much more expensive honda, accods and toyotas"
AHEMMMMMMMMM.....
I have to strongly disagree here. No offense but,
NO jap crap car has EVER surpassed an American car.
In my oppinion we make some of the most high quailty cars in the world now.
I dont care what Motor Trend mag says or jd power, consumer reports whatever. I think they all are biassed anyway.
Ok I feel better now....
Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Ok,
Now this is all making sense. They are not a normal performance industry product. The ebay connection is explaining it all better. So all they need to set up a new company is an ebay account. O'Boy.

I hope all of this is ok. Maybe this comany wil turn out and sell a same quality product.

Ed
Old 09-05-2007, 02:40 AM
nabit
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
Ok,
Now this is all making sense. They are not a normal performance industry product. The ebay connection is explaining it all better. So all they need to set up a new company is an ebay account. O'Boy.

I hope all of this is ok. Maybe this comany wil turn out and sell a same quality product.

Ed
yes they can only be found on ebay. they do have a website though as well but you can't purchase from them, at least I don't think you can.

http://www.hawksracing.com/index.html
Old 09-05-2007, 06:26 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

So it's the Ebay / China connection? Dam it man, anything for a buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -