autozone sucks

Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Guys it sounds to me that he didnt steal.

What I got from his post that each set was 110 bucks and so he took what he didnt need back and got his money back for the ones he didnt need BUT still paid for the ones he used. JMO

I think we're both understanding it differently. I'm reading and understanding that he paid $110 for 2 shocks and he left the store with 2 boxes, thinking he only had 2 shocks. When he got home and found that there was 2 in each box, which means he got 4 but only paid for 2, he should of just taken a box back to the part store and not have got any money back because he was willing to pay $110 for 2 shocks. Again JMO.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:25 AM
EXPERT BUILDER

They must have got something figured out , or else they would have given all the money back. He could have just brought them back for a full refund.
We can look for a tall tree but, let's not hang him yet :lol:
Old 12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
edspring1
APPRENTICE

Default HERES the REAL answer !

LOL I think all you young guys don't know that this way of doing business is self destructive. BUT its not really the counter guys fault. With exception to the rudness and arrogance some have. I am an old guy. I remember clocks with hands...LOL The saying back when the digital stuff starting to become popular was. At 3:45 these kids will never know how many minutes it is until 4:00 or how many minutes it is after 3:30. All they know is it is 3:45. I think this has finally become true. If anyone frequents any of the fast food chains take a look at the cash regester. The buttons have pictures of burgers, drinks, etc. The order taker simply takes your money and doesn't have to count change {Thank GOD}. The computer does all the math and even places the order in the back so the grille/microwave person can read it. This is the same technology we are forced with when we go into a Auto Zone type store. The kid doesn't know anything about cars. His job is to ask you questions that his computer is telling him it needs. Step by step....LOL Its a crying shame. Those kids have no interest in anything other than a pathetic pay check, and if their cell phone is working. And they are not getting nor do they seem to want to learn anything at all. Its all big business. The people are easily replacable. Being the parent of a 20 yr. old son I can tell you he wears one of my boots up his keester more often than I have both on my feet. Who would have ever thought that all you had to do was match up your order for a hamburger with a picture of a hamburger on a button. Wait till its all in the computer because thats the only way the kid will ever know how much to charge you. And your in deep a$$ crap if they ever have to count change. Auto Zone and places like them are the same. Typical visit goes something like this :
Mister I know absolutely nothing about cars, engines, transmissions. I can not give you correct change, nor do I have a clue as to what on earth your talking about. I'll be right with you after I answer the 10 text messages I have, and return 3 phone calls. Then I will be glad to help you as long as you don't confuse me....LOL Thats what we are stuck with. Its supposed to be technology. Someone screwed up !!!! I am glad to mention I can tell time and know how many minutes both before and after any certain time. Heck I can even count out change correctly.
And I use my cell PHONE as a phone. Not a typewriter, or game board.
I don't have a clue as the real answer for this ? All I do know for sure is these kids are missing out on important lessons of life, and they will someday pay for it.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm with here on that one, boy howdy.... PARENTS are no longer teaching their kids how to problem solve or to be accountable for their actions or INactions.
If and when the poop ever hits the fan, THOSE kids/adults will be FOOD for their same ilk. Eaten raw cuz NOone will be able to make a fire outa nuthin'. " U.S. country boys WILL survive."
Old 12-05-2011, 02:36 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i like giving the cashiers extra change, that really messes them up when they work at a small country store.well the new ones anyway.like when you owe 1.73 and you give them 2.03, they look at you like wtf. love it.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Edspring you are right in every sences of the word. Also wanted to say is i wish i was young i have 4 daughters from 24 to 37 and 6 grandsons and having fun.

In the the past couple years i have learned more about computers than ever thought i would LOL.

Robert Fla.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:05 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wazup
Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Guys it sounds to me that he didnt steal.

What I got from his post that each set was 110 bucks and so he took what he didnt need back and got his money back for the ones he didnt need BUT still paid for the ones he used. JMO

I think we're both understanding it differently. I'm reading and understanding that he paid $110 for 2 shocks and he left the store with 2 boxes, thinking he only had 2 shocks. When he got home and found that there was 2 in each box, which means he got 4 but only paid for 2, he should of just taken a box back to the part store and not have got any money back because he was willing to pay $110 for 2 shocks. Again JMO.
Not trying to argue but you are somewhat correct. Yes he did buy 2 shocks( so he thought) but in all reality it was 2 sets of shocks. He took the unused ones back and got his money back for that set( or the shock that he bought seperate)
Old 12-05-2011, 05:14 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Its all good dirka.