Advice on possible Chevelle trade!! Help!!

Old 10-03-2010, 06:36 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Scoot ! What a gearheads dream of a dilemma to be in ! :shock:
It's going to all boil down to what YOU want to do and how much dough you have to work with. Lots of things to weigh against each other here though. YOUR personal lifestyle and needs/wants VS future market values. I'm a 'live for today' kinda guy and don't worry about future market values, it's present FUN FACTOR value for me. I'm into cars and carcrafting for the present enjoyment of our hobby. Who knows how long we will have to actually do this unhindered or unregulated.
The other consideration is, if this 'velle is a rare and valuable piece, restore it and sell it as a money maker as soon as you could. That would alleviate any street cruzin' with it though. Or flip it for a profit 'as is' and buy a different 'velle for a cruzer.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
This is the sorriest excuse at flaming zipper, I've ever seen. :P
LMFAO!!

It would be like flaming your DAD!! My dad is 73 and can out work most of the guys in the shop I work at. I suspect ZIP is the same. Keeps them going I think.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
This is the sorriest excuse at flaming zipper, I've ever seen. :P
LMFAO!!

It would be like flaming your DAD!! My dad is 73 and can out work most of the guys in the shop I work at. I suspect ZIP is the same. Keeps them going I think.
Amen. Besides, I wish I knew as much as Zip has forgotten about motors!! Anyways Zip... you are like RJ/Elvis around here too. I do respect your advice.

Many good points... I posted this cause I had a 68 Chevelle once after high school & I am a total SUCKER for a 68/9 Chevelle w/a 4spd!! I love them!! I might see one w/ some rot & think "Poor thing, let me help you" ... but I see something else I am like "that POS... I am not touching it" ... you know everyone has that car they love, that one car that makes you loose all logic.... like a bad-girl girlfriend with... really big... you know. My car is fun & most of the time I get to be high on the food chain when I drive it on the street, but at the expense of looking in my rear view mirror most of the time. This Chevelle is just not as good of a car as I have & I feel like I would be leaving money on the table... all the hard work I put into her etc... I will keep you guys posted.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

For pete's sake, it was a razz to a friend. That's all it was, nothing more, nothing less. Holster your weapons, and put the wagons back in single file, no one is suggesting Zip needed flamed. Least of all me.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

For pete's sake, it was a razz to a friend. That's all it was, nothing more, nothing less. Holster your weapons, and put the wagons back in single file, no one is suggesting Zip needed flamed. Least of all me.
Nobody took your comment as anything but a joke. Which was obvious by the :P

That is why I lmao!!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

8) Cool
Old 10-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well... I pulled the trigger. Drove 7 hours each way to bet on this car. I would describe it as a nice original survivor with only Weld wheels & dual flow master exhaust... she is stock the rest of the way except one re-paint of the original color. My 69 Camaro is gone...

68 Chevelle: Deluxe interior bench seat, door buzzer still even works... nice interior/headliner... amazing condition. Matching number 327/4bbl car w/ 4 speed. I do not see these in 327/4speed much... matching numbers. Still has the original carb & intake even. I am the 3rd owner. Car has 186,000 original miles & has been garaged many years. Everything is in good working order & the synchro's are still good in the 4-speed... I tested them out good last Sunday... still got the bruise on my leg from my wife too. lol.

The car needs some paint, probably freshen up the motor a little. A few odds & ends, she will be a neat optioned original car. Glad I did the trade, but it's hard to go from 500Hp down to 300...
Old 10-18-2010, 04:58 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Well Scoot, sounds like you're happy with the new ride. Enjoy 8)
Old 10-18-2010, 05:18 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

well im late to the party but thats another story my opinion was to do it im a sucker for a bodies and 327/4spd is in m/o a rare bird usually motor went bye-bye for 350's or bbc motors but since im late grats
Old 10-18-2010, 06:51 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

YEEEHAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on your new baby, Scoot !
Boy or Girl ?
Has she/he kept you awake nights with the screaming..... tires ?
You and the wife may have to work in....shifts !
When ya gonna post some pics ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -