Who's Who???

Old 09-19-2008, 04:05 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Excellent Job.

A bit of technical jargon, the right amount of flippancy, some humour, a few ridiculous assumptions and a dash of righteous indignation. Then the subtle attack on Rudy.

The point being to misdirect.

Your posts and Davebat's are made very close together on a regular basis-indeed the miracle of technology, multiple users or a split personality.

Kudos to you having multiple access points and one static IP address- If you simply used dial-in then you would have temporaily obtained an ip each time you called/dialed and really who could make the connection. Then you really could have kicked user bennignton and you wouldnt have had to edit out your posts.

Probably no one would have cared save the pile on of user Bennington.

BTW, why did you and davebat edit your posts? When you were being glib, you failed to answer that. If you were wronged and this is a user feedback scammer board, then why not honestly post?

Welcome to the board-dont forget to set up your profile, and do a shout out to your papa.

Scorp
Old 09-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

IP's can be decieving...

I didn't write the following I just read it and copy pasted.It was an answer to a question someone asked. He had been acused of having 7 screen names on the same forum,which he denied.

A lot of internet companies use so-called "proxy-servers" through which their subscribers connect to the internet.

The result is that, for the outside world, all these subscribers have the same IP address (and for the computer-illiterate on that forum that apparently means there's only one subscriber... d'oh!).

On the *inside* of the proxy, you have your own unique IP address *for that network* (probably one that starts with 10.0 or 192.168)

The only way to *not* go through a proxy is to request a static IP address (I don't even know if AOL allows that) which is accessible from the internet - but then you're opening a whole 'nother can of worms (susceptibility to DDoS attacks, worms, Trojans, messenger spam, stuff like that.

Behind a proxy, you're *somewhat* protected (and with AOL it's like sitting behind a 50 feet thick concrete wall, but that's diverging into opinion-land)) - with a static IP, you're on your own regarding firewalls and services.

- dialup customers often share IP addresses; providers assume that not all dialup customers log on at the same time.

Regardless... that IP address is an *inside* (AOL only) IP address. You're still going through the proxy server, where you have the same IP address as thousands of other AOL users according to the rest of the world.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:30 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Indeed Tod-you are more computer guy then you think.

Dial-up gives you a temporary or new IP address each time you dial/log-in. Highspeed connections like cable give you a static ip. Same address each time you log on.

IP addresses prove nothing-you are right.

I find sleight of hand and deception more intriquing-Its just interesting that you would have "two users" providing separate deal feedback on a seller, as if they were both being scammed, and fail to disclose that they were related- some how that doesnt seem right. Then all the posts go away?

Just seems odd,

Later, Scorp
Old 09-19-2008, 04:49 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I edited my post with a copy paste from a google search. I thought I was correct but figured I had goofed the explanation.

I didn't say I believed him...just that IP's are not proof. Makes no difference to me either way.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:26 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Originally Posted by mytmouz
So the acting like you were just an innocent bystander trying not to get taken in the other thread was just so much bullchit on your part? :roll:
Originally Posted by dwhopper
I was sticking up for papa is all. I did have something working before I found out he was the guy who traded with pop. You can ask him, I cancelled the deal cold turkey.
Also, pop did not want to explain the isp thing. But sharng our connection is licensed. We are actually allowed 20 connections with his business.
Deception is deception, no matter what kind of topping you put on it.
I really had no opinion on this subject until you deceived the folks on here.
You do not need my help in painting your self portrait.

Should you find yourself in Landis, come by for tea and crumpets. 8)
Old 09-19-2008, 05:33 AM
dwhopper
APPRENTICE

OK
Old 09-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Dw, you clarified the situation, and you did so in the right way. Your last post says something about you- that you are probably pretty bright, and a decent guy.

This forum is actually a pretty good place to visit and is about people trying to help others-

But remember its a user feedback and scammer forum, so having fun with a user (multiple posts) probably is not ideal.

Now set up your profile and make some new friends.

Later, Scorp
Old 09-19-2008, 08:08 AM
hoppinhotrod
SHOW GUEST

Default dont buy from dirtnut10m (#128139)

we have another theif on racingjunk dont buy from this user he doesnt send the stuff you bought he just takes your money Ad #1300673 we sent him money in good faith and he doesnt follow through 757-374-3159 757-809-0604 theses are the numbers and his name is frank so pleaz watch out for this guy we bought a clutch bell housing fly wheel and starter and he never sent them
:?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:50 AM
davebat
JUNIOR BUILDER

youandme, you should make a new thread in this topic for this.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:05 PM
davebat
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hello!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -