New scam

Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default New scam

Has nothing to do with the site,but I thought I'd share it with you guys.There has been an ad show up in the local newspaper classifieds here a couple times lately.Some yo-yo advertising a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang in "good working condition,good interior,good exterior" for $4,800 USD.He has an email address as his contact info!What a moron!! :roll:
Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 AM
placecraft1
APPRENTICE

For $4800 that is a good buy :wink:
Old 11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
jlpford
SHOW GUEST

where,s this boss at?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

I live in Ky,but I'm sure the guy has this ad running in other places.He only has an email address for a contact.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

That could be a new venue for scammers. Some people might be more trusting of the paper because they think its local. If there is a way to rip someone off scammers will find it.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:20 PM
speeedshop
SHOW GUEST

Default mustang scam $4,800.00

I have called on this mustang $4,800. Boss ,White in color in central N.Y. last week .The guy even uses a local phone # and even sent me pictures of the car .This is great right in our own back yard. I told him itwas way too much for a Ford...LOL....... It was listed as Mustang, 70' Boss and he likes to use Yahoo to do the transaction ..... :roll:
Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Rodbbc
APPRENTICE

Default Re: New scam

Originally Posted by gsforless
Has nothing to do with the site,but I thought I'd share it with you guys.There has been an ad show up in the local newspaper classifieds here a couple times lately.Some yo-yo advertising a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang in "good working condition,good interior,good exterior" for $4,800 USD.He has an email address as his contact info!What a moron!! :roll:
Call teh news paper and report it they may do something about it
Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

So do you suppose if someone actually tries to make this deal and gets ripped off for $4800 in the process, that they will write a letter to the editor of the newspaper and rip into them for allowing scammers to place ads and for not doing anything to protect their readers?

Just asking.

Murff