Supercharger Restraints

Old 07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
BadMonza
APPRENTICE

Default Supercharger Restraints

I am running a weiand 177 supercharger on alcohol and was told at tech in that I needed restraints. Having a problem finding them for a 177 first of all and ain't got a clue of how they are installed. Anybody out there have any pictures of restraints on a small supercharger like a weiand 177? Any vendors to get these from? Any information will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-19-2008, 04:49 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

They have aplate that mount under your carb/throttle body,just like a spacer,that has tabs that the straps go into.Then(most of them)have brackets that bolt onto your header bolts that have pull pins that the straps route thru.Pullpins allow you to pull the thing apart without removing any brackets.My buddy just got one for his FED,found it cheap.Like $250.It os SFI approved,and when they run out of date,you just buy more belts,not the whole setup.I THINK the company he got them from was DEI,not sure will find out and let you know.He has a 250 Powercgarger,and it took the same as a 6-71.I don't know about a 177.They have a 4150 stlye mounting pad cast right into it.Might ba hard to get that one :cry: We'll see what we can findout.You like your 177?Borrowed on from a friend.Put it on my 496 and it feels like it killed it!Just can't get it to run right.Got any secrets about the mini-blowers?
Old 07-26-2008, 03:48 AM
BadMonza
APPRENTICE

Thanks olds48. I found some and put them on the car yesterday. I like the 177. I have the 3.05" pulley on top and the 7" one on bottom. I run a 13:1 compression 427 sbc with brodix heads and a 950 holley on alcohol. The setup has lots of torque. I really like the 177.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:15 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Too late now,but the company I was looking for is Good Vibrations.