New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:58 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Dirka , the name RATTLER came about from where we live , we live in the hills where there are rattlesnakes everywhere , we kill a dozen or so in our yard every year. we just seem to have alot on our property. We painted the dragster a few years back with a metalic brown paint and looked at it and decided it looked like a rattlesnake, so we decided to name it the RATTLER , everybody liked it , so we had shirts made and picture handouts and it just kind of took off ..unfortunatly this car is in Pennsalvania at this time with its new owner and a new one is in the works, thats how we got the dozer , anyway thats the story,,,Judy
[img]
[/img]
Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Well welcome Judy, Hope you join in and have some fun :!: :!: We do :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 12-17-2009, 09:32 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by maniac
Hey Dirka , the name RATTLER came about from where we live , we live in the hills where there are rattlesnakes everywhere , we kill a dozen or so in our yard every year. we just seem to have alot on our property. We painted the dragster a few years back with a metalic brown paint and looked at it and decided it looked like a rattlesnake, so we decided to name it the RATTLER , everybody liked it , so we had shirts made and picture handouts and it just kind of took off ..unfortunatly this car is in Pennsalvania at this time with its new owner and a new one is in the works, thats how we got the dozer , anyway thats the story,,,Judy

Thats cool on how you got the name. I hope the new one is just as good if not better than that one was. I got stuck with the name of Boogie Nights for my car thanks to everyone on here.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:10 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="maniac"]Hey Dirka , the name RATTLER came about from where we live , we live in the hills where there are rattlesnakes everywhere , we kill a dozen or so in our yard every year. we just seem to have alot on our property. We painted the dragster a few years back with a metalic brown paint and looked at it and decided it looked like a rattlesnake, so we decided to name it the RATTLER , everybody liked it , so we had shirts made and picture handouts and it just kind of took off ..unfortunatly this car is in Pennsalvania at this time with its new owner and a new one is in the works, thats how we got the dozer , anyway thats the story,,,Judy

Hi Judy.
Welcome to RJ. I do like the car and the name Rattler. However, if I found a dozen or so rattle snakes :shock: in my yard it would no longer be my yard. It would be their yard and I would be long gone. If I had to stay I'd probably set out landmines and booby trape for 'em. LOL
Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
CustomTanks
SENIOR BUILDER

Default New to the forum

Hey guys whats up? Donny from Van Buren,IN

I got ran off from the last post I made on RJ so I am here
Just looking to have fun,Not to get bashed on lol :lol:
Old 01-02-2010, 04:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: New to the forum

Originally Posted by CustomTanks
Hey guys whats up? Donny from Van Buren,IN

I got ran off from the last post I made on RJ so I am here
Just looking to have fun,Not to get bashed on lol :lol:
nobody ran you off dude..Geez :roll: .. you just got asked some questions and you answered them..cut and dry.

but glad to see you found the Newbie thread..and posted like we ask ALL newbies to do..

as the old saying goes..."don't start none, wont be none"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 AM
burnoutboxdotnet
SHOW GUEST

Default New guy

I have a 1985 Monte ss,http://www.burnoutbox.net/Jimsmcss.html
I am getting ready to repaint it (black again)I am getting ready to pick up a twin turbo setup for it.I have a website called burnoutbox.net and a forum with a chat room. http://burnoutbox.activeboard.com/index.spark Everyone is welcome to stop by and check us out.I am from attleboro ma.

Thanks
jim
Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 AM
bad60gmc
APPRENTICE

Hello guys, been a member of racingjunk for a few years and made alot of deals on here but never got into the forums. But now i figure id give it a try. Im 35, live in Texas and love heads up racing. I used to be a Nitrous guy but converted to Blown Alky few years ago and never looked back. I have drag raced everything you can think of on 4 wheels from a VW bug to an Exhibition Wheelstander. I currntly run a 79 camaro with a blown injected 355 sbc, true 10.5 mini tub factory frame car. best 5.09 1/8. I also run a 70 VW Bug chassis car with a blown injected 377 sbc. car has been a 4.71- 1/8. I like to think Im a nice guy, im one of those that will pull parts off my car and help put em on yours so you can make the next round if im out or broke. Ive never met a stranger and never lost a friend. hope to meet some new friends on RJ forums!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:28 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

bad60gmc , welcome to the forum,,,I found a utube video of your blown bug , that thing hauls butt..do you still have it???
hey bjuice , check out this link ...bring back any memories???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK62AvNZApE

didn't you used to have the wheelstanding fire truck?? did you ever sell it?
thanks , Paul
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 AM
bad60gmc
APPRENTICE

Thanks, ya I still have BugZilla. I sold the wheelie truck. It is now owned by Mike at Manhatten oil co. He is the guy that makes all the alky fuel scents, top lube and stuff. He got lisenced in it last weekend, hope to see him out running it this year. [/img]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -