DON'T BUY FRAM OIL FILTERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM
superbadass532
JOURNEYMAN

Hi Bill,
I am just wondering if you would be willing to write up a little something on your experiences because of Fram filter failure? I have a new court date for Dec. 5th. Please let me know if you are willing? I can give you a call and we can talk it over.

Thx Stan
Old 11-19-2008, 06:45 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

yea since there are a few of those cases maybe that guy could go back on them now for the total amount of the motor?

i wasn't sure on the k&n oil filters for auto's thanks for the help there ,as i will use them i love there products 8)
Old 11-20-2008, 01:02 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by superbadass468
Hi Bill,
I am just wondering if you would be willing to write up a little something on your experiences because of Fram filter failure? I have a new court date for Dec. 5th. Please let me know if you are willing? I can give you a call and we can talk it over.

Thx Stan
Be glad to help you out. 828-286-0780 Bill
Old 11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I was telling one of my good friends about this thread to remind him of my fram issue several years ago. His little boy was listening. After I finished he looked at me so serious and asked what if you cut a ford and Chevy open to see the difference. With a straight face, I told him, SAD, BUT FORD is built by FRAM!! He replied, but their not the ones begging for all the money from the government!! Dam kids :evil:
Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OUR KIDS ARE SMARTER THAN OUR GOVERNMENT !
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I was telling one of my good friends about this thread to remind him of my fram issue several years ago. His little boy was listening. After I finished he looked at me so serious and asked what if you cut a ford and Chevy open to see the difference. With a straight face, I told him, SAD, BUT FORD is built by FRAM!! He replied, but their not the ones begging for all the money from the government!! Dam kids :evil:

LMAO

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Sounds like somebody needs more chores to do.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
top2096
SHOW GUEST

Default fram filters

Guys this also happen to me not to long ago, I had just got a new short block from Shafiroff a new dart block and all th e goody's put my cam and heads on it set it in fired it up and it realy sounded good let it get good and hot shut it off ,later my son came by to hear it run and when it started i noticed I only had about 20 lbs of oil pressure .shut it down and started checking things out after pulling valve covers checking the oil I pulled the filter off and found it had collasped on the inside blocking the hole .Didn't hurt the motor but I use nothing but K&N from that point on
Old 12-05-2008, 06:24 PM
bbadperformance
SHOW GUEST

Default Fram Problem Here Also

One year ago I was doing an oil change on my 69 Camaro powered by
a 434 SBC It's mainly a bracket car. I decided to go to Wal-Mart
and pick up some mobile 1 synthetic oil about $50, I thought it was the cheapest place to buy the oil, Well they didn't carry the K&N that I normaly ran so I picked up a Fram. After I changed the oil I loaded the car on the trailer and headed off to the track, Now keep in mind that my motor only makes 60 psi cold and 45-50 warm and Idles at 28-30
so I make two passes and no problems, I make the third pass and half way through the oil pressure drops to "0" so I kill the motor, pull the car to the trailer and once it's loaded I check the oil, oil level is fine so I start the car and no oil pressure so I shut it off and take it home. I connected another oil pressure gauge to the engine and fired it again and no oil pressure was the results, I pulled the engine from the car and dropped the pan nothing in the oil so I strained it to put it back in.
I also installed a new oil pump got it buttoned up dropped in my pump primer hit the drill and nothing so now I'm thinking time to rebuild.
Something told me to wait so it sat on the stand for two weeks as I talked to every one I new and every one had there opinions but when an older guy at the track said he had the same problem and it turned out to be the oil filter and it was a Fram, I thought that was easy enough to check .
So on the way home I picked up a new K&N and installed and hit the drill
and Yes right back to 60 PSI. After that I put 200 more passes on the motor and pulled it to freshen it and the bearing looked great. So from that day forward I will not buy any Fram products and I tell every one that Fram filters are garbage.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
camarotale
CRAFTSMAN

Default oil filters

put a fram on and when i hit 5000 rpms oil pressure fell to 20 psi because oil by pass would open , fram is ok for the family car but not a race filter, but I dont know how the expensive fram preformance filter is, but there is a lot of inexpensive filters on the market, that will out preform a fram

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -