Someone wanting to buy my Heads???

Old 05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I get that crap on Craigs list all the time,total scam :twisted:
Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

In December 2007, I received an e-mail requesting info on an item I had listed somewhere on the internet. I told him I would only accept cash, cashiers/bank check, or money order. He sent (postmarked in UK) four $500 (total $2000) money orders issued from a bank in Minnesota. I looked up the bank, and sure enough, the name, address, phone # were all correct. What caused suspicion was the uneven cuts that were on the edges of the m/o. These babies looked real. I showed them to a bank official, and he had them checked out. Bogus. The bank manager told me that was the best counterfit job she had seen.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 AM
chpseat987
CRAFTSMAN

Default Dont do it Report it to RJ and the police

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN TO ME TWICE, I had a boat for sale on a local web site and I got several of those exact emails, I played with them and they went as far as sending me a bad check, I took it to the bank and asked them to verify and they siad it was a fraud, I took the check to the police station and they started an investigation. They said they traced it to somewhere in India and they could not proceed. Another guy here at work he had the same thing, I warned him about it but he was money hungry and lost his ass, it was around 10,000 he lost in this scam.