oil pan fit

Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Note that the kickout will sometime limit your steering.
Dave
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

So who's pan do you run Roadkill?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by curtisreed
We've finally settled on a "Jeff Johnson 10 qt. Stroker" . . Took it out of the box and bolted it on . . . We didn't have to reinvent the wheel to get it to fit . . Costs about a grand, but the engineering is great, it doesn't leak, easy to get off and on, you can change the starter without removing the pan, it's baffled well so it doesn't starve the engine when the chute comes out, it's nearly zero in the windage department, and fits the oil pump we use . .

We used it all last season and had no problems. No "Quick 60's" or any "Diaper Drag" either . .

('67 Iron Camaro, Alston tube chassis, 582" BBC/PG, 9" Ford, Ladder Bar/coil over-5.90/9.24/151mph-s/pro-Gasoline, no juice)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Originally Posted by curtisreed
We've finally settled on a "Jeff Johnson 10 qt. Stroker" . . Took it out of the box and bolted it on . . . We didn't have to reinvent the wheel to get it to fit . . Costs about a grand, but the engineering is great, it doesn't leak, easy to get off and on, you can change the starter without removing the pan, it's baffled well so it doesn't starve the engine when the chute comes out, it's nearly zero in the windage department, and fits the oil pump we use . .

We used it all last season and had no problems. No "Quick 60's" or any "Diaper Drag" either . .

('67 Iron Camaro, Alston tube chassis, 582" BBC/PG, 9" Ford, Ladder Bar/coil over-5.90/9.24/151mph-s/pro-Gasoline, no juice)
Yep, been there done that. I couldn't control the oil with his pan. The champion I have now does a better job of that for waaay less money. I'm glad you have success with his pans, many do. Just didn't work in my case. I do believe that would be overkill for the OP though. Nice best e.t. What does it weigh?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

2700#, and the times were at 4850 feet MSL, 7100' corrected air, 101°, 28% humidity . . about average for where we race . .

If we were at 800-1000' with say, 3100' Corrected air. 85-90°, we could probably put together a high 8.70 or so . . but we live and race up on the rock so you take what you can get . . Y'kno, if a frog had wings . . .