?????HELP????? LS-1 Crovette C-5 Heads

Old 03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?????HELP????? LS-1 Crovette C-5 Heads

I just took the aluminum heads off my corvette and and somewhat wondering what type of heads I have. The valve cover is not center secured. The valve cover bolts secure onto the edge of my heads.
The heads have a number on the sid that says ZZD and the casting numbers I found are as follows.

On the inside of the heads the number is A288.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
ashbros
Old 03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
blowenstang
APPRENTICE

whats up bro i have an ls in my mustang
i never heard an ls like that im almost positve that all ls motor
are center bolt thats 1 an 808 dosent match up if there out of a vette
they should be 241 casting number the casting number is on either side of the head on bottom coner at the far edge of the head if not there is a nother 1 under the valve cover later
Old 03-26-2009, 06:51 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I am third owner of this vette. Second owner sold it to me and told me he did noyt do anything to the car, but change oil and gas it up.

I was shocked to see this engine did not have 241 style heads like you said. They are time and date stampped from GM on the ends of the heads and the date stamps match my car.

The only thing I do know is I totally whip the sh_t out of every Z06 vette that challenges me including the 2009's. I just p_ssed a guy off in a 2009 night before last. He pulled up at the light, reved the engine a few times, I of course countered the offer, the light turned green and I left him sitting through three different stop lights.

We pulled over into a parking lot and he asked me what up grades I had made. When I told him she was as stock as a rock he frowned, I popped the hodd, no NOS looks stock as a rock he left shaking his head.

Still trying to figure it out.

Keep the comments comming.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:13 AM
blowenstang
APPRENTICE

trying to think but ?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 AM
NUBBY1
SHOW GUEST

IF YOUR STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT GO TO LS1TECH.COM YOU WILL FIND ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW.