Any Idea What Ball Joint Was Used In Don Hardy Pro Spindles?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:31 PM
kend
JOURNEYMAN

Default Any Idea What Ball Joint Was Used In Don Hardy Pro Spindles?

I picked up a set of spindles with the a arms and Wilwood brakes that came off a Don Hardy Pro Stock Vega, machined from solid Aluminum these are a work of art and are really light. I have no idea what year the car was built but I'm thinking sometime in the late 70's but with no info to base that on other than most everybody went to the Monza. I could be way off base with that thought, I searched for info on Wilwood to see when they started but no luck.

I'd like to use the spindles and brakes on my car but the a arms won't fit so I'm thinking if I can come up with the correct ball joint I can make this work. The rack and pinion on the car is the Pinto version and the wheel studs are set up on the Ford pattern so maybe it's Pinto ball joints?? Any ideas?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:50 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Pictures would probably help. Do the ball joints screw into the a-arms? If they do it most likely uses a Chrysler ball joint. The majority of aftermarket a-arms do.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 PM
kend
JOURNEYMAN

My camera died so a picture isn't possible right now (thanks for the reminder though). The ball joints don't screw in, they bolt on like a GM.