new web site

Old 06-19-2007, 09:29 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by woodsman
Ron about the wife. You know what they say behind ever good man stands a good woman and thats a fact. And Ron its never to late You will do fine. And like Ed said get you that book because knowledge is priceless. Well stick to your plan you will do fine. Wesley
Wesley i do believe that and my wife is a very big part of this she is the one setting up meetings setting budgets and also this web site was here ideal she wanted to make the business larger and do the web page we have been researching and talking about this web thing for a couple of years now .
so if it don't work i will blame her
Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Seems you got a smart head on your sholders there, Ron and a very supportive wife.
America, with all its problems and concerns is still one of the best countrys for a guy to take the plunge and chart his own course in life...

The problem with selling fast car parts is the market is so small compared to other markets. These are not things the average person wants or needs.

Good luck with this Ron, i am sure you will do well.
Were is Florence Kentucky anyway, is it off I-75, ?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:19 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

yes it is ed I'm 5 minutes from I-75 it is 20 miles south of Cincinnati Ohio I'm just across the Ohio River in Northern KY .
Yes the high Performance business is very Competitive i always wanted to be bigger but was not to sure about doing the web page because it is a huge step and there was a lot of planning in doing so we have been meeting with suppliers to make sure that we could get the parts delivered without a problem getting shipping set up thru post office ,ups and fed ex
it is a job alone getting all this set in place before we launched the site .
and i wanted some information from the public on the web page also .
Old 06-19-2007, 10:27 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

OH Ya ed i got a very good friend that moved up there were your at he got married to a lady from there and her family still lives there and she wanted to go back home so he sold his place in Cincinnati and moved up there two years ago he's into the speed boats he sent me some pictures from a lake up there where he was running his boat looks nice in the summer cant say much for the winters thou from the pic's iv seen.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Ron I am glad to see that you have an out if the website don't work. You can look at your wife and say I tried to tell you. You know the joke. Well best of luck. Wesley
Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

ya that's what i told her it would be all her fault .
she really in the past 6 or 7 years has got to know the parts pretty good she takes orders and sells some parts a lot of the women have gotten to know her around the race tracks they see her helping with the car and i don't just mean putting fuel in and checking tires she helps adjusting valves and changing pills in the injection brakes packing the chute she does a lot it's kinda funny in a way a lot of the guy's will have there wife 's call and see if we have something in stock and i will answer the phone and they will ask for her and take the order from her or she will ask me while there on the phone if we have what there looking for , i love it
i told her this web site would be her baby she has to keep it up and list everything . you know what she said why me .
Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Ron sounds like you have met your match just as I have in my wife. With out them you know what we are TROUBLE. Wesley
Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ya i would say so and from reading your wife's post i would say that they have a lot in common for sure my wife don't ever post on here but she will set and read thru the forum some time and crack up iv kinda turned into one of the guy's i think.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

Ron/Wesley;

Just had to chime in on the wife thing, had to go thru a couple to find the right one. (That's more expensive than racing)

Current wife is 100% supportive. Helps out in the shop and at the track. She enjoys it as much as I do. We enjoy sharing it together. It really is a special thing (to me anyway) to have a partner that's your best friend and #1 crew chief!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

alscoupe I read somewhere that a good woman is a gift from God and I understand what that means.Wesley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -