Lee Trevino Story

Old 04-07-2012, 05:18 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Lee Trevino Story

Lee Trevino....True story as told by him.

One day, shortly after joining the PGA tour in 1965, Lee
Trevino, a professional golfer and married man,
was at his home in Dallas, Texas mowing his front lawn, as he always did.
A lady driving by in a big, shiny Cadillac stopped in front of his house, lowered the window and asked, "Excuse me, do you speak English?" Lee
responded, "Yes M'aam, I do."
The lady then asked: "What do you charge to do yard work?"

Lee said, "Well, the lady in this house lets me sleep with her."

The lady hurriedly put the car into gear and sped off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-07-2012, 06:03 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ok , i dont remember the golfers name but he and his wife were on johnny carson show in the 60s. when jonny was done interviewing the golfer he asked the wife, well what do you do when he leaves the house for good luck. and the wife says with a very sraight face and dead serious, well johnny i kiss his balls.true story!!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:14 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

I think that was Arnold Palmer.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:00 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Lee Trevino was / is a nut. If you ever watch one of the talk shows / interviews, he'll have you laughing all night.
Most of the old guys that played golf were like that. Nowadays it's about making millions.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:10 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Trevino and Nancy Lopez were both from "West Texas" as they call it, down around Lubbock. And, you have to know, if you ever played Golf down there, whatever the overall reward (trophy, cash, etcetra) a "Beer per Hole" was the bet . . I'm not kidding . .

And Trevino, even when playing in any PGA tournament, always had that Bet going, usually with his match partner. He once said (as did Lopez) that if the side bet wasn't there he wouldn't be worth a damn . .

I can't remember who it was, but Lee said, one time on the Tonight Show, that a fellow Pro golfer owed him a "Truckload of Beer" because the guy didn't drink . . at least in the clubhouse . .

When he Aced the little Island hole in the "Skins" game, you heard him say to his match partner, "That ought to be worth a case" . . Both laughed, but it underlined those side bets . .

And it would seem that 90% of those Golfing sharks from down there are Latinos, so it's a "Custom" . . or a "Tradition" . . Whichever . .

I say this because I used to have a Golfing Buddy from down there. A little short Beaner, looked more like Pauncho Villa than Pauncho Villa did, built like a short 55 gallon drum. He had no long game, his short game sucked, but when he was playing for a "Beer a Hole", Jack Nicklaus couldn't have beat him . . Gawd, I bought that man a lotta beer . .