everybody post a pic of there ride

Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
adkruse
SHOW GUEST

i was also meaning one of the fastest in street trim.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

9's. :shock: SWEET! Can I drive it!! I promise I want get it dirty!! :wink:
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 AM
adkruse
SHOW GUEST

im torn about it. i was thinking do i sell and get my dream car, or keep it, and keep my dream car a dream..... the thing is a monster. it leaves the line at 5K and reaches for the sky. took me about 3 years to build.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Brand new car. This belongs to a good friend of mine. He's used the name "Heartbeat of America" on another car for more than 20 years. Years ago he was sponsored by GM.

It's 2,447lbs with a 210 driver in it and no fuel. (Rules is 2,450lbs)
Old 08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
9's. :shock: SWEET! Can I drive it!! I promise I want get it dirty!! :wink:
We know your lying Rabbit! First thing you would do is put them bigass paddle tires on the back and go play in the dirt :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, my boys are bustin' my chops to take them down to Ga. and go for a ride in the dirt!

Later
Old 09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

where's the weight coming from...the tires ?...or does the class make the car add weight ?.........just hard for me to see this thing weighing that Much... :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Calcium chloride in the tires ?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
where's the weight coming from...the tires ?...or does the class make the car add weight ?.........just hard for me to see this thing weighing that Much... :shock:
The motor, clutch, front and rear axle are where all the weight comes from. Even running light weight aluminum brakes / rotors and hubs the front axle (Dana 30) is still pretty heavy. + a 200 lb driver. Not sure what this bare frame weights, but it's pretty light.

It's not easy to build a Big Block (aluminum block) 4 wheel drive rail SAFELY and get it under 2,450 lbs. Most new rides like this one are chrome moly so you can use smaller tubing and make them lighter.
BTW those paddle tires we get from ya'll. They're worn out slicks that have the paddles vulcanized to them. You put the # of paddles to the amount of HP you have. Less hp power will have less paddles. Some guys stagger them too.

We're having our final points race in West Virgina next weekend. (September 12, 2009. Kanawha County, West Virginia. Fair Grounds)

We're also going to have a Quick 16 door slammer race at Neeses, Sc. on October 24.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i was looking thru some Pictures tonight and ran across a few Pics i had No idea i had saved..it was my High school driven 70 camaro...As you see it was the way i drove it to School..i carried a trash bag in the Gove Box to cover the Carbs and Distributor...

This was My 1st- HI- Performance Build...350ci..Double Hump 300 hp heads, tunnel Ram..Pair of 440's Holleys.......Vega Tq Converter, 4.10 gear...ran RE-CAPS on the rear......this pic was taken after school one day in the back of my parents House...where i parked it everyday...

the pic is a Little graining and Dark....

I was 16 years Old ( i'm 43 now)

The Next Pic is My 1st automobile ever purchased..i paid $350.00 for a 1954 chevy Pickup....i was 15 years Old....this was Summer in the South...Notice ( Shorts, no shoes or Shirts)...notice the paint can in my hand....it was the Old rusty Red Primer..i was doing Body work on the truck....( i even had my surgical Mask on to protect my lungs from Dust etc ....lol...)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-13-2009, 05:27 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Man gotta love those old trucks. I got a 55 Chevy series one. You reminded me of it when you posted your 54. I just cant wait to build it into a street rod.

Sweet !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -