Be very careful buying from Mike Watt(lisamike1070)!!!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

You are the guy that posted on here that you bought from Mike before and liked the product but had issues with the packaging. Did you make mention of the previous issue and ask him to package the carb better? You're also the same guy that said you got a 20' picture of a carb and didn't ask for better pictures. Did you ask about the condition? The last time ran? How long it had been sitting? I have had some real ugly carbs that made the picture of what you posted look like new but it worked better then the new carb I replaced it with. So if you clean it up a little, bolt it on and the thing flat out repeats, did you get a bad deal?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:08 AM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

If you choose to put carbs on your car that are full of corrosion, obviously leaking out of almost every gasket, full of mouse crap and has cocked over vent tubes that cracked the body, good luck to you. You'll need it. I'm not a baby sitter. If a grown man can't be smart enough to package a part properly, then he shouldn't be shipping parts. So the next time you buy a part from a manufacturer and it gets to you broken, swallow it buddy. The packaging wasn't the main issue of the post. Your digging for ground to stand on. And yes, I admitted my mistakes in the deal. But my mistakes weren't screwing someone over. Your bagging on the wrong guy here.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Do me a favor... post the pics of the this carb. I saw the one you posted on the ad you put up yesterday and from what I saw, it wasn't as bad as you are describing.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 AM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

I tried posting them here with my original post AS I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST. I couldn't get them to attach for whatever reason. That's why I posted a ad on the classifieds. Besides--what exactly are you going to fix about this? You start out by calling me a cry baby, and now you ask me to do you a favor? Get a life. Where's mike if this is so defendable on his end? Are you his backbone or something? If your so confident mike didn't stiff me, good luck buying from him! No comment on running junk on your car? You sure like to dance around a lot. Let me guess--a buddy of mikes perhaps?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:36 AM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

You know--it's idiots like you and mike that give drag racers a bad name. I came here to warn people, not get into a pissing match with you. You have no clue what your babbling about in the first place. I've said my peace on this. Anyone that wants to buy from him, or you judging by your attitude for that matter---all I can say is GOOD LUCK with that!!!!! I'm done wasting my time on this. If you care to carry it on, look my profile up, get my number off my ads and give me a call. This keyboard warrior crap is for sissies. DONE
Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

First off... I never called you a cry baby... that was the quote/title from the ad that Mike posted in response to your ad on RJ. Secondly, I don't know Mike, not sure that I have dealt with Mike over the years on here buying and selling stuff but do see that he has been an 11 year member on RJ with zero complaints. You even started off posting that your 1st transaction you got what you wanted and what was expected. Based on Mike's ad that he posted in reply to your ad, there is 2 sides to the story. If you want to hop on here and flame this guy, you better be willing to back it up. If you can prove to the forum members you got burned or you were mislead or the product was mispresented, then myself and the forum members will make sure to make people aware of this guys bad dealings.

I also noticed that you post a lot in this forum. Seems like a lot of your postings are "Don't buy from" "Beware this guy" "I got scammed by" and so forth. Not saying your crying wolf here, but if you had been burnt that many times for no pictures, no info or whatever, you would think that just maybe you would be a little more careful buying used parts.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I reached out to the seller. Below is his responses:

Subject: Re: RJ RaceSpace: Carb deal in the forum section

I read what you said thanks he has never tried the carb it don't leak there no mouse crap on it.it is a very good carb never miss lead the guy never told him it looks new I sent him a picture of it. ask him about the nice shifter I sold him .why would I sell him one thing nice an then some junk. thanks mike

go ahead .mike

On [2014-03-05 10:16:11] shawnp wrote:
> Do you mind if I post this over on the forum. It's nice to have both sides of the story.
>
> Thanks
>
> On [2014-03-05 09:59:57] lisamike1070 wrote:
> > his his a cry baby he made the trade an is dad got mad I sent him a picture of the carb he new what he was getting there is nothing wrong with it I just took it off my car in October when I sold it only thing it needs is clean it up with carb cleaner that does not keep it from working its a very good carb .mike

> > On [2014-03-05 08:24:55] shawnp wrote:
> > > I see there is a complaint about your carb deal. What was the deal with the carb? Was it as bad as the guy is making it sound? His story is full of mouse crap, broken and rusted out.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

He's full of it first off. I already posted a pic of this thing on the classifieds with mouse crap all over it. That's the only place I could get pics to load. I'll post another ad when I'm done here with the pic I got from him with the carb sitting on the motor in his car yet. And I'll post a few more pics. And I already said the shifter was a good buy. Is there something you didn't understand about that in my very first post about this??? If I was just running this guy down, why would I even say I got a descent deal from him on the shifter. And to top it all off--I just checked the numbers on this junk (12R-9027 B) and (9377) Now anyone want to tell me what those are numbers for? Yes, an 1150. It's not even a 1050. And I have in my messages the questions I asked him regarding it before had and that was definitely one I verified. So go check out the most recent ads inj a few minutes and you tell me this thing doesn't leak and doesn't have mouse crap on it.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:25 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

> > > On [2014-01-21 10:21:41] lisamike1070 wrote:
> > > > have a 1050 holley would need 250 cash an carb .mike
> > > Here's mikes reply to my ad. I also posted another ad in the classifieds with a few pics--go look before it get's deleted again.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:33 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

And in response to me crying wolf about stuff--I don't have a problem calling people on the carpet when they do crappy deals. If you can't stand behind your stuff--don't sell. If you want to send people broken junk, misrepresented parts--go do it somewhere else. And besides calling people on the carpet, I've also given people props here for conducting business well. So shawnp, you seriously need to get you crap together on what your flapping your lips about, or you need to stay out of it. In case you forgot, this forum is for stuff just like this. It's not to here to be scrutinized by guys like you that don't know nearly as much as you think you do. And so what if mikes been a member for 11 years? I didn't exactly join yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -