not an honest guy to do businees with

Old 09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

We like you guys and know its hard to live a fantasy life. :lol: Better go polish my bowtie. :twisted:
Old 09-05-2008, 11:20 AM
xdamxincx
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Mopar is not saying that at all and you know it.

There' an old saying, very old, translated from Latin, used commonly and I am sure you had heard it, Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware. People have been getting screwed since they lived in caves and everyone knows that.

If you are buying something sight unseen, then pay the $100 for a professional inspection- When you are paying thousands isnt it worth a little insurance?

How would you have handled the transaction?

later,

Scorp
how i would of handled the situation is irrelevent.. if there is a dishonest person out there he deserves to be exposed. i have sold a 69 camaro on ebay to a guy that never looked at it in person or had anyone look at it in person.. it was as i described and he came and got it paid for it "sight unseen" and left me positive feedback..if your a crook your a crook .. dont blame the buyer..
yes be a smart buyer. but guess what this section of the forum has a purpose .. and this guy is utilizing it correctly..
Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM
xdamxincx
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
First off, you know that isn't what Mopar said!! I also can't figure out how you could have even ASSUMED he was saying that.

Below is a post that I started a few days ago addressing the belly aching of folks buying stuff sight unseen:

I just have to ask: When are folks going to QUIT buying stuff unseen? I have several cars for sale, upon request I can send pictures of ANY part of my cars within a very short period of time. Digital cameras are cheap enough now that everyone can own one. I can even take pictures (very clear and precise) of the INSIDES of the quarter panels! There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to take and send pictures. My advice is as follows: If a seller cannot send requested pictures, move on. See the picture below? That is the INSIDE left qtr. of my '69 Camaro.

I also need to know: Do ANY buyers check a mans references? If not, you should. References SHOULD NOT be "my buddy down the road", they ARE legit businesses in the phone book, RJ, etc. Sorry to carry on so much, it just kills me how folks let themselves get screwed, then holler about how it was the "other guys" fault. I have never been FORCED to complete a trade I didn't want to, whether it was good, bad or indifferent.

Quit crying about being screwed if you are either too busy, too lazy or just don't want to "ride all that way" to inspect the car. How about an appraiser? Two hundred dollars could save you thousands. Too many ways to protect yourself, if only you will.
Protect your money as you would your family, after all it is their money too!

If anyone is wondering if I have ever been a victim, the answer is, of course I have!! I have a "show car" that I acquired sight unseen, still putting my money into it to make it right! I got that car right here on RJ from a less than honest man from the great state of Kentucky!! The only bashing I could do is claim he is dishonest in his dealings, I could have chose to nix the deal, I didn't though, so I have no valid reason for taking him to task. He is a loser and will get his in the end, if not before.

Now having said that, should you find yourself with too much cash, I will gladly send you pictures of my money pits!

Vote McCain-Palin I don't give a damn if we are always broke, as long as we are FREE AND PROTECTED.
[email protected]
some people like to be trusted and some people want to trust people . and its just a part of society .. your not going to change that ,people will buy merchandise sight unseen regardless of what you or others say..

the fact is this- its the sellers responsibility to be honest .. not the buyers responsibility to make the seller honest.. because the best of crooks are good and will sell their junk one way or another .. and thats guaranteed...
the people that get screwed SHOULD expose these crooks and when arrogant people come in here and basically call them stupid and shift some of the blame to them ,that does nothing for this forum..

in actuality no one wants to look stupid and this will only turn people away from posting their bad dealings with people here on RJ. and exposing crooks..
yes be a smart buyer.. but thats all that needs to be said.. not some sarcastic post.. which is in no way positive .
Old 09-05-2008, 12:02 PM
xdamxincx
SHOW GUEST

to sum up the way i feel- i had my motor stolen ..10k down the toilet with nothing to show for it .. no sight .. just unseen... and pretty positive that i know who did it and all my friends tell me how fucked up it is and what not .... but in my head i know it was my fault to allow that to happen. i was careless
but muther effn god dammit if or when i know 100% positively who is responsible i will EXPOSE their SORRY SCUM OF THE EARTH ASS ALL OVER EVERY WEBSITE I CAN FIND...... end rant...

EXPOSE THE TRASH !!!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

No sarcasm intended. Just stating the facts, if you get screwed it is your fault. I did the same thing, bought without inspecting, now I am screwed out of several grand. You should believe my comments are toward myself as well, in no way is anyone on here, or in this world perfect. I surley doubt expressing my thoughts will make folks not want to post about the misfortunes they incur. Heck, I even posted my misfortune after reading my own sarcastic piece.

Talk about trust. I trust you as far as I can see you if I do not know you. That's the way I am, if someone doesn't like that I am that way, then move along. I am almost 50 years old, have heard all the stories, excuses and lies I care to hear. In the first line of your recent post you stated "some people like to be trusted and some people want to trust people" . I would like to have been trusted, but I had to EARN it first. I would love to trust people, but unfortunately it is people like Keith of Ashland Ky that make me like I am. My refrences can be found in the local phone book, local car shows, etc. I challenge you to find someone I wronged, or ANY car or part I have misrepresented, I will buy it back immediately and apologize profusely. I feel I have earned my right to trust, and my family has earned the right for me and the rest of this great nation to speak our minds, whether or not you agree with it.

What you won't hear me do is cry about being screwed. I have noticed some crying has been going on, so I wanted to give my opinion. Apparently, you do not care for my opinion, that is not of my concern.

I stated Keith of Ashland is a liar and you should not deal with him. That is simply the truth all that should be said, unless of course, the "bad guy" wants to raise up and buck the word. But, I assure you Keith, I come loaded for bear. I simply want EVERYONE to know that Traderguy (Keith) is a liar and a cheat, if it can save a man from losing some money then I am happy. My details are private unless Keith wants to air it out.
BRING IT I SAY!!

So, in closing I must ad:
I am going to polish my Bowties!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by xdamxincx
Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Mopar is not saying that at all and you know it.

There' an old saying, very old, translated from Latin, used commonly and I am sure you had heard it, Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware. People have been getting screwed since they lived in caves and everyone knows that.

If you are buying something sight unseen, then pay the $100 for a professional inspection- When you are paying thousands isnt it worth a little insurance?

How would you have handled the transaction?

later,

Scorp
how i would of handled the situation is irrelevent.. if there is a dishonest person out there he deserves to be exposed. i have sold a 69 camaro on ebay to a guy that never looked at it in person or had anyone look at it in person.. it was as i described and he came and got it paid for it "sight unseen" and left me positive feedback..if your a crook your a crook .. dont blame the buyer..
yes be a smart buyer. but guess what this section of the forum has a purpose .. and this guy is utilizing it correctly..
Actually, this is a forum for interactive dialogue, so I think how you would have handled it is indeed a relevant question at least as relevant as yours. You asked Mopar a yes/no question - "Sounds like you might be one of those guys"

Would you have gone to get it personally, had it inspected, or blindly sent the funds?

Its a reasonable question.

Later,

Scorp
Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I second what Scorp said, & Livley, & Mopar too. An honest sale is an extention of a sellers character... this should be discovered once the vechile is seen/inspected... I believe the original post clearly admits remorse too. Thanks to you for being honest & reafirming how we should all be cautious... It's like "thinking with the wrong head" or wearing "beer-goggles".... I will quote George Jones: "15 minutes for a life time of pain" ... a hot-rod purcase is an emotinal one for me sometimes... like the 36/24/36 blonde... she looks great, but she will come with some baggage!! Rigsby