1/2 or 5/8 rear wheel studs

Old 04-04-2008, 05:37 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
Eric,
It's not that hard to get a tap started straight, just get a piece of material as thick as the threads on the tap are long, drill it so the tap just fits through it. Clamp it to the flange in line with the hole, you have your guide that way. Easy and straight. Of course the best way is just use the mill to do it, no problem if you have access to a mill. I just through it up on my HMC and push the button.

Curtis
True..but I didn't want him to tackle it with a tap set from Lowe's ops:
Old 04-04-2008, 06:24 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Originally Posted by doorracer
Eric,
It's not that hard to get a tap started straight, just get a piece of material as thick as the threads on the tap are long, drill it so the tap just fits through it. Clamp it to the flange in line with the hole, you have your guide that way. Easy and straight. Of course the best way is just use the mill to do it, no problem if you have access to a mill. I just through it up on my HMC and push the button.

Curtis
True..but I didn't want him to tackle it with a tap set from Lowe's ops:
Or worse yet Harbour Freight!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:09 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol:
Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 PM
oneowner73
JOURNEYMAN

Sent my axles to a local machine shop. When you get them back install the studs and then trial fit them into the wheels before you install the axles in the housing. My wheels had been run for a few seasons with the shank type nuts with washers. The edges of the holes had been rolled into the hole. It took some time to clean this up and make everything fit properly. Also don't forget the brake hat or drum, they will need opened up also.
Brian