Anybody get taken by Sloan's Racing Transmissions !!BEWARE!!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Ronmiester
SHOW GUEST

Default Good news

Well, I am not getting my hopes up yet but Jim emailed me this mourning,and re-stated that "they plan on giving me a full refund" and i should contact American Express about it(???) .
He also stated that they have been "real busy" and "lost track of time" and that they were not avoiding me. looks like it might get resolved... we will see. Thanks again for all the input guys i will keep this updated
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Good news

Originally Posted by Ronmiester
Well, I am not getting my hopes up yet but Jim emailed me this mourning,and re-stated that "they plan on giving me a full refund" and i should contact American Express about it(???) .
He also stated that they have been "real busy" and "lost track of time" and that they were not avoiding me. looks like it might get resolved... we will see. Thanks again for all the input guys i will keep this updated
Keep in mind it can take up to 10 business days for the credit to show AFTER they do it.

Glad this is getting worked out.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Ronmiester
SHOW GUEST

Default hopefully good news

Anna says they will be thru closing up in IL. and should send a cashiers check by next Tuesday. i have my fingers crossed!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

Default Sloans

Really is a shame that another small business like Sloans will have to close up shop in Illinois. He and his late dad did great work in the transmission field. It is hard for a small business to survive in these times, especially in Illinois where the tax rate is so high that many businesses are fleeing this state, and you can't blame them :evil: :evil: Small businesses have to hang on especially hard, I know, I have been in business 26 years and these times are rough. I am by no means a large business since I have 3 employees right now :shock: My thoughts and feelings go out to Mr. Sloan.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Sloans

Originally Posted by greaser49
Really is a shame that another small business like Sloans will have to close up shop in Illinois. He and his late dad did great work in the transmission field. It is hard for a small business to survive in these times, especially in Illinois where the tax rate is so high that many businesses are fleeing this state, and you can't blame them :evil: :evil: Small businesses have to hang on especially hard, I know, I have been in business 26 years and these times are rough. I am by no means a large business since I have 3 employees right now :shock: My thoughts and feelings go out to Mr. Sloan.
He is moving to Kentucky. The location puts him close to about a dozen race tracks in a 4 hour circumfrence. So yes he is closing shop in Illinois but has some really big plans ahead in Kentucky, just going to take a little bit to get things going.
Bob Sloan was a great guy, he would build fuel injection systems for his race cars from scratch and could rebuild a powerglide in his sleep! They used to live in Normal Illinois, just a few blocks from the ISU campus and he would fire up his dragster to tune it up and you could hear it for miles!
I was fortunate to have known him, have beers with him, have a good laugh and watch him race.
Jimmy is just like his dad and will be back in business soon to carry on the name.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey Chris do you know were he is moving to in KY.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Ron I will try and find out

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

Default Sloans

Thanks for the input Harbone, I wish Jimmy all the best in his new endeavors. I had also met Bob many years ago and it was great getting to see him work his magic on cars
Old 05-07-2013, 05:57 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

Default Sloans

Thanks for the input Harbone, I wish Jimmy all the best in his new endeavors. I had also met Bob many years ago and it was great getting to see him work his magic on cars
Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Chris there is one thing we have plenty of and that is race tracks .
We have three right in my back door and with in a one to two hour drive you can hit ten or more that i know of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -