Latest and Greatest of Bjuice and cars

Old 05-15-2007, 07:02 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by us7race
Hey Bjuice how far off are you from running the Vette?... :twisted:
I think Brian is still checking his shorts out from running his wifes Camaro :P :P :P
Old 05-18-2007, 07:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by us7race
Hey Bjuice how far off are you from running the Vette?... :twisted:
Hey us7 race..just saw your post..i got about another 3 to 4 weeks..a bunch of small stuff and about $4500 on parts..the $4500 has been the hold up..would not have been a problem but the 30k dropped right beforehand slows things up just a tad...LOL......

Wes; ..That would be awesome !!..for the last 2.5 years i have been revamping and building 3 cars..65 alcohol blown Nova that i ended up selling after completing,,the the 67 camaro which is now done..now the 63 vette...the 67 camaro in the picture is mine...My wife owns a 69 hugger orange camaro..which i also put together,,motor transmission,all plumbing etc....

the 67 camaro of mine should run some high 5.80's on the transbreak..on the foot break so far my best was a 6.07 at 115mph..but please keep in mind this is a heavy pro-street car that is 100% street legal with Tags and insurance..i drive it to local hamburger joints and cruise inns....i am not bragging but this car is really tough car to beat on the street..i do not do any street racing like i used to as a teenager..but you can bet your last dollar if i had this car back then..it would not be touched on the street...i have since went from 14x32's with 14 inch wheels.to 17x33's with a 15 inch wheel...the roll out on the 33 tire is 1 inch shorter than the 32..so i didn't lose anything here...but i gained nearly 3 inches of foot print rubber on each side,,should be a big help..i also installed a step with a rpm selector..so next time i go i am putting her on the popper box...

the 63 vette i have re-done completely.tore the car all the way down to nothing and had it media blasted..then repainted with base clear coat CANDY metal flake red..6 coats of clear..it takes this much to cover the metal flake..it took 1 month to get the right Hood scoop to fit over the fogger and also make the speacial insulator pan that is designed to bolt onto the front and rear motor plates with moley rods with quick disconnects..the hood then does a horseshoe wrap around the scoop and zesus fastens down....replaced window net, parachute, new chrome moly wheelie bars 96',,new plex glass all windows, went back with new recessed stainless button heads,, purchased all new braided line and aeroquip fiitings to replumb the motor, also purchased 4 vane vaccum pump.. brand new set of weld alumastars..front spindle mount,and 15x15 rear wheels with a new set of hoosiers 33x16.5 and a new set of M/T 33X16.5...bought the M/T'S at full price and got the hoosiers new never mounted for $300.....sold the small block alcohol blower motor and purchased an all aluminun 632 big chief motor, with 14 degree heads,epd sheet metal intake, pair 1200 dominaters,donavan dry sump 500 block. weaver brother 4 stage dry sump, crower titanium rods, sonny bryant 4.75 stroke billet crank.....anyhow the motor was close to 40k motor and ran a 7.27 et in a 2500lb door car shifting at 6500 and timing at 30 degrees..i have the time slips.....oh yeah it does have 2 stages on it but i took the plates off and left the fogger in place..

the motor made its max hp at 7600rpm...1200hp...close to 1,000 ft lbs of tq........

the vette weighed 2175 with a 250lb driver wet and a iron block.598 making 950hp..had the smaller dart heads....it ran consistant 5.0's with 1.12-1.14 60 fts..the owner did tell me he touched some high 4.90's in it a time or two and it wasn't uncommon to pull the rail cars with no problem..

i am 220lbs and my block is aluminum..so i am close to 180- 200lbs lighter than the last owners set up and close to 300 more HP..so the car should come in right at the 1980lb mark or right at 2000lbs with driver and wet.....

so based on some very honest outside opinions from some locals guys..the vette should be able to run 4.70's on motor..and capabale of running some mid to high 4.40's on both systems......i will most likley not even consider the 2 stage but i will more than likley hit the fogger with 300 shot when i get to that point...WAY DOWN THE ROAD..

Please keep in mind the car is a whole lot more than the driver at this point..i am well aware of what i am strapping into and what its capable of..
i may or may not ever see that mid 4 second range...but i am fairly confident that i will see that 4.70-4.80 range more then once..with a good deal of seat time....i am very tuned into the idea of the 'pedal works both ways'...and i am not out to impress anyone...so i am just plugging right along.......

its got down to money more than anything else at this time..i have spent over 30k in the last 12 months on the vette alone...and this doesn't include the trading invloved....

soRry responding so late...

have a good one..

later brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian I have most of my parts now just waiting on my Procharger to arrive on next wed to get started on putting it on the car. I have the pump and all the fuel system in or on the way. My money is getting tight and may have to slow down after this but dont want to because we are so close. Well you have been holding out long enough let us know some new news about where you are in your build because we know that you have been doing something on it. Pictures if you have them if not words will do. Wesley
Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Yes i been Plugging hard..its gotten down to the nit pick stufff and its very time consuming,,,hand polishing the sheet metal intake,,replacing all the intake bolts, timing chain cover bolts with all stainless fasteners...pulled dry sump oil pan off and resealed it ....very,very time consuming..here in the South on the EAST COAST..its very VERY VERY HOT...and we are in the middle of a drought ..so the racing is put off by must of us weekend warriors..most racing going on around here right now is BIg money races and die hards that are running for points etc....most of us do not get out if we do not have to...holler at ya later..

Brian

Old 06-21-2007, 03:07 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian we have not bugged you for 23 days so just wondering what you have done on your hotrod. Wesley
Old 06-23-2007, 10:31 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

got her plumed, all pulleys mounted and lined up and now in the market to find the right tranny..i have an offer out on a tranny in the mid-west..have not heard back from the guy...

the HEAT has been a killer...has me not wanting to spend extra time in the shop...

looking forward to fall... :cry: :cry:

juice

Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian I know just what you are talking about being from Texas. When I got my shop built I was very fortunate to be able to put a 5 ton A/C in it and insulate it real good. My buddy Mike that is doing my car now just bought himself a cool fan I think they work good its got to help in this heat. Well when it cools off a bit you can finish it up and go to the track. Looking forward to seeing what it will run. Wesley