Bad Deal with sr1105

Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
sr1105
SHOW GUEST

Default K GREENE ABOUT BEING SCAMMED

Hi Kirt
Do me a favor and show some pics of the cracks in the quarter panels
on both sides that you forgot to mention !!!!
The body does not show in your pics ,or the boiler plate you have supporting the the radiator mount !!
As far as for memracing, what do you have in this ?
This is all I have to say so stop crying to everyone.
If you were honest in the first place we would not have had problems !!!
Don't forget the guy that wants to give you $4000.00 for it
Did he fall off the face of the earth
Good luck to you and memracing
Old 11-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: K GREENE ABOUT BEING SCAMMED

Originally Posted by sr1105
Hi Kirt
The body does not show in your pics ,or the boiler plate you have supporting the the radiator mount !!
just so you know, all memracing was doing was "stamping" what every one typed so the story wouldnt (edit) change after the original post.

I would say that someone brought you a car that was not fully disclosed, I would have to him to hit the bricks too :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-23-2010, 01:07 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Originally Posted by supergass
The rear has a brand new strange spool (33 spline) and a 1350 series forged yoke and 4:88 gears. The diagonal bar was in the car not on it . It had simulators in the place of the shocks for set up. There was no coil overs.
stamped.....just to keep the facts here from being edited
I explained it here.... bring me a car with undisclosed issues and you will be going back empty handed too.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

It does not matter really if the car is or isn't what you said it was.He was not obligated to trade.If the car was as described and he wasn't serious then yeah he would be a crumb bumb for letting your son drive that far(not saying that was the case...just saying IF) but either way, he looked at it and didn't want it so it was his right to pass on it.I would never agree to a trade sight unseen. I don't care if I had 1000 pics I would want to see it first. jmo Sorry your son went through that.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
It does not matter really if the car is or isn't what you said it was.He was not obligated to trade.If the car was as described and he wasn't serious then yeah he would be a crumb bumb for letting your son drive that far(not saying that was the case...just saying IF) but either way, he looked at it and didn't want it so it was his right to pass on it.I would never agree to a trade sight unseen. I don't care if I had 1000 pics I would want to see it first. jmo Sorry your son went through that.
Well said Tod... I have been thinking about this one & I would be upset to have invested all that time... but he was not obligated to trade in the end. I have to say that I think seller had no intetions of fooling anyone either... after all, he did have his son drive 10 hours. Tough deal for sure. I too am sorry that you spent that time w/ "no deal"...
Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Just think how bad this thread would have been if they did make the trade! :shock:
Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

I believe you are BOTH a little culpable here. He asked you straight up "if you had any reservations" at all before he had his son drive 10 hours to you. You said it's a go. That costs money and time. In my opinion you had nothing to lose by telling someone to drive that far so you could window shop and have the option of declining. He certainly can't undrive the trip or get his gas money back. Your complaint of not Moser axles and no diaganol bar seem to have been proven wrong, meaning YOU were wrong!!!!!! The right thing for you to do is split the cost with him and both move on. Lets see how fair you play!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kirt
Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
kgreene5572
SHOW GUEST

I'm not sure what cracks you are referring to but if you are talking about the gaps between the door and front fender, I believe I told you the fenders were just set on car and not lined up or shimmed. Yes there is quarter inch angle iron welded to frame. This was done to have somewhere to mount the core support because the guy that built the car cut the frame off to put a fiberglass tilt front end. I don't think I would call it boiler plate. Either way I am done with this. I was a dumbass for driving it up there. I learned my lesson not to trust people on racing junk and make sure money is put up before I take car anywhere.
I don't know who memracing is. I think he is just stamping to keep us honest.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:31 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by blownalky3
I believe you are BOTH a little culpable here. He asked you straight up "if you had any reservations" at all before he had his son drive 10 hours to you. You said it's a go. That costs money and time. In my opinion you had nothing to lose by telling someone to drive that far so you could window shop and have the option of declining. He certainly can't undrive the trip or get his gas money back. Your complaint of not Moser axles and no diaganol bar seem to have been proven wrong, meaning YOU were wrong!!!!!! The right thing for you to do is split the cost with him and both move on. Lets see how fair you play!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kirt
I think it was crappy to make the seller drive all the way. The buyer had nothing to loose nor was he giving any help to make the deal happen.
Even if I didn't have a trailer I would have met him halfway to look at the car and if I liked it would have paid him to take it to my house. That would have been decided before we agreed to the trade.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="blownalky3"]I believe you are BOTH a little culpable here. He asked you straight up "if you had any reservations" at all before he had his son drive 10 hours to you. You said it's a go. That costs money and time. In my opinion you had nothing to lose by telling someone to drive that far so you could window shop and have the option of declining.

I like what blownalky said... there seems to be zero accountability to the buyer.

It would have been different if he would have said: "You may get here 10 hours later & I may back out of this..." "I want you to know BEFORE you send your son, I am not 100% comminted until I see the car.

Instead he was given all the chances to be clear on his stance prior to the trade, did not have to face the actual buyer (his son), & convinced him to spend 10 hours of time & gas money, only to say NO DEAL for dubious reasons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -