strdmn aka Wally Kimberlin in Akron Ohio is a liar and scam

Old 05-26-2010, 10:26 AM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: engine

Tony
I believe you are getting carried away now. Does he owe you some for the difference? Sure he does. Is it a complete motor, plus removal money plus freight...... not even close. Work out something reasonable and move on. It is not like the 350 is a dog and the 406 is a Clydsdale. Many believe you have the better base to do what you are looking for any way. The 400s are not a great drive around motor in my opinion because of the overheating issues. You can find a great set of heads for under a grand right on this site. And maybe he can credit card it or you two work it out. But you are asking for way too much. And yes, I do understand being told one thing and having it be another. By the way, would you rather have a 632" or a 500" cubic inch pro stock motor? For the street, having everything match and work together is the most important thing. Not huge cams, giant flow heads and other not necessary things. Hope you guys work it out.

Originally Posted by tonylittell
Originally Posted by strdmn
the problem we are having is that we both think we are trying to be fare.i was thinking that you would want to make the deal on the monte engine after you told me it was worth$5350.00and with being fare the way you want it i end up with no engine in my car.if i had the cash laying around i would send it to you just to end this.unfortunately i don't have the money,as i told you when we talked trading it was all i could do to scrape the cash together to get the cars and truck transported.if i could get them back to you i would happily do so.
what a motor cost to build and what one is worth is two differant things.... I told you I would accept the engine as payment. I also told you I am not driving up to Akron 10+ hours each way to correct the situation. I do not have the vacation time accumulated nor do I have a truck. I can not take the time off from work and still have a job. Plus as I said again I dont feel this is my situation to get straight....

Tell you what I will do.... Pull the motor and crate it from carb to pan and crate it up. get quotes on sending it freight to petersburg va 23805 and give me the costs. I will pay those freight costs C.O.D. when I pick it up from the terminal ....... I will pick it up from their local terminal....I will then sell the engine in the truck to pay for the removal/installation and to cover the costs of the freight shipment from Akron to Petersburg....
Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

If i take this to court, the judge gives me a motor and fees associated....
what do you mean a 2bolt main 350 engine gives me a better base to do what i want to do? I wanted the 406 that was promised and have to do nothing to it.... I didnt want to have to build the motor in the truck and fix what i knew needed fixed..... I am not being unreasonable at all..... I want what was promised. I tried to negotiate with the cat to ease the burdon and asked 4 1500 dollars..... he doesnt have money....he offered my engine back for an exchange of the one in the c10 and me to come to him 20+ hours to get it straight........ NOT HAPPENING.... i am going to have to pay someone to fix what he misrepresented. again NOT HAPPENING..... this isnt my situation to fix. it is his.....he sent me a message stating if he had the money he would just send the motor back to me and be done..... I offered to pay to have it freight shipped.... But I am not going to pay freight and removal/install..... I would be lucky to get 1500 for the engine in the truck.... 1500 if i can get that pays 1000 for removal and install of the 2 engines and pays me back the 500 give or take it is going to cost in freight....

I am being more than fair.....

I have offered many options to him and the only viable one to him includes me driving 20+hours and giving him a motor back and me paying for gas, a truck rental and paying someone to remove and then install an engine that was supposed to be there in the first place.....

again NOT HAPPENING....

Im prepared to go to court over this and I am pretty certain (90% certain) the ruling is in my favor for everything I am asking.....

And I am willing to gamble if need be ......

I have gone out of my way to try to make things fair and it has been unacceptable to Wally...

Originally Posted by blownalky3
Tony
I believe you are getting carried away now. Does he owe you some for the difference? Sure he does. Is it a complete motor, plus removal money plus freight...... not even close. Work out something reasonable and move on. It is not like the 350 is a dog and the 406 is a Clydsdale. Many believe you have the better base to do what you are looking for any way. The 400s are not a great drive around motor in my opinion because of the overheating issues. You can find a great set of heads for under a grand right on this site. And maybe he can credit card it or you two work it out. But you are asking for way too much. And yes, I do understand being told one thing and having it be another. By the way, would you rather have a 632" or a 500" cubic inch pro stock motor? For the street, having everything match and work together is the most important thing. Not huge cams, giant flow heads and other not necessary things. Hope you guys work it out.

the problem we are having is that we both think we are trying to be fare.i was thinking that you would want to make the deal on the monte engine after you told me it was worth$5350.00and with being fare the way you want it i end up with no engine in my car.if i had the cash laying around i would send it to you just to end this.unfortunately i don't have the money,as i told you when we talked trading it was all i could do to scrape the cash together to get the cars and truck transported.if i could get them back to you i would happily do so.
what a motor cost to build and what one is worth is two differant things.... I told you I would accept the engine as payment. I also told you I am not driving up to Akron 10+ hours each way to correct the situation. I do not have the vacation time accumulated nor do I have a truck. I can not take the time off from work and still have a job. Plus as I said again I dont feel this is my situation to get straight....

Tell you what I will do.... Pull the motor and crate it from carb to pan and crate it up. get quotes on sending it freight to petersburg va 23805 and give me the costs. I will pay those freight costs C.O.D. when I pick it up from the terminal ....... I will pick it up from their local terminal....I will then sell the engine in the truck to pay for the removal/installation and to cover the costs of the freight shipment from Akron to Petersburg....
Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by blownalky3
Tony

on a side note... the 400 he got from me will sit and idle at 180 as long as i want to let it idle and no matter how hot the day is..... i have never had a 400+ cubic inch block run hot...... and thats what I thought I was getting.... a fresh mild built 406 as advertised....

Im not trying to get into a pissing match here, but I am not the one in the wrong .... I just want what was advertised...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Tony,

I have been watching this thread & just seeing how it all pans out....

I see what blown is saying. We are human. The fact is, the guy who traded you believed it was a 400. Maybe the guy before him thought it was a 400 too. Who knows, it is best to work it out before you decide to pull out both guns & start blazing. I mean, you didn't get assaulted by a criminal & left for dead. You got the wrong motor, it's not the end of the world. You can get a attorney & you can roll the dice. Is that really going to fix this? Are you prepared to WAIT a long time to possibly get awarded a victory from a defendant who still has no money??? Then what? Garnish his wages in small increments? Don't hold your breath.

I am not an expert on 400's... but what Blown said I also have heard. It is no secret the 400 is thin on the cylinder walls & is prone to overheating. I am glad to hear that you did not get a "305"... face it, it could have been worse & I am sure he is not the first guy to mistake a 400 for a 350. So he made a mistake; a easy one to make assuming he could have been misrepresented too. So you want to HANG the guy for it????

Be men & work it out reasonably. Anyone can say "I'LL SUE!!" Everyone is so quick to sue everyone these days. I agree that you should have gotten what you were told, but I have a feeling that if you calm down it can be worked out. You have made it very clear that you will sue him, trash his reputation, etc... get on with it or work it out. I really don't believe he meant to rip you off. Scooter
Old 05-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Scooter got it right, if the guy had really intended to rip you off he would have NEVER come on here to defend himself. It sounds like he is trying to be reasonable in his offer and maybe if you cool down over the holiday weekend and get back with him on Tuesday, cooler heads will prevail. To say you are gonna sue away is just gonna be a gamble of money plus a very LARGE amount of time that will involve you having to travel to every court date. That literally could last 2-3 years at a minumum. Think about it...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by harbone66
Scooter got it right, if the guy had really intended to rip you off he would have NEVER come on here to defend himself. It sounds like he is trying to be reasonable in his offer and maybe if you cool down over the holiday weekend and get back with him on Tuesday, cooler heads will prevail. To say you are gonna sue away is just gonna be a gamble of money plus a very LARGE amount of time that will involve you having to travel to every court date. That literally could last 2-3 years at a minumum. Think about it...

I believe he and I have come to an agreement of 1000 dollars.... i will let everyone know how it pans out
Old 05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
strdmn
SHOW GUEST

Default worked out

well finally this thing should be over we have come to a gentlemans agreement so we can both get on with our lives.i never intended on tony not getting what he wanted.it was an honest mistake.i never lied orintended to deceive anyone.i've done quite a bit of trading on here and have never had a problemi have had to do repairs to almost every vehicle ihave ever traded on.i figure thats just old cars.my mistake was taking the previous owners description and relisting with it.i am out athousand bucks,but i don't believe the previous owner deliberately lied to me.when you are into street cars more than race cars,i think you are pleased easier if it gets you to the lovcal cruise in and back with out boiling over or blowing up it's good to go.thats not neccesarily what tony was looking for and i understand that.and wish him the best in his future endevors.i hold no ill feelings for tony ,he doesn't know me from dirt so i could see his side in thinking i may have lied to him.we all know there is no need to lie to sell/trade a car.there is always someone that is going to want your car.i'm hoping tony and i both heal from this and harbor no ill feelings as we never know when we may meet again.but i'm sure it won't be in a trade.he was a very stand up guy in helping when the tire blew on the hauler.he got right on his comp.and found a place on sunday morning to get a new tire.and as he said did help in loading and getting us on our way in the shortest time possible.glad we got through this.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Good to see you guys worked it out.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Wally as I said early on I have delt with you and belive you to an honest man. Guys like us are in this for a hobby. I dont trade perfect cars I cant afford them.I trade old cars and very rarley do I get one that doesnt need something. I to pass on what the other guy told me unless I know for shure it is wrong. I am not an engine builder or Chip Foose. If I tell you something about a car it is what I belive is the truth. I am glad you and Tony worked it out. Hope to see you down the road. I am going to Springfield this weekend if you get down maybe I will see you. God Bless you and all the guys that help out on this site.

Anthony
Old 05-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66

I believe he and I have come to an agreement of 1000 dollars.... i will let everyone know how it pans out
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -