60.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Big block or Small block

Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by camaro74454
I thought bjuice was pushin for the big blocks?.........But I see how the small blocks win some, by cheatin....Tommy.

ooohhhh i am Big block all the way...my response was a reply to my man Tom's post.....Tom is holding one in the hole on the SBC gUYS..

RE-READ IT

LOL..

brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-23-2007, 06:15 PM
strokercamaro
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Originally Posted by strokercamaro
Thanks Tom.
Try it now :P :P :P

Tom
Worked like a charm.
Thanks guys
Old 08-23-2007, 06:33 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Tom.
Try it now :P :P :P

Tom
Worked like a charm.
Thanks guys

This is when the BBC shine,,,On The Top End :P
Old 08-24-2007, 03:38 AM
camaro74454
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
I thought bjuice was pushin for the big blocks?.........But I see how the small blocks win some, by cheatin....Tommy.

ooohhhh i am Big block all the way...my response was a reply to my man Tom's post.....Tom is holding one in the hole on the SBC gUYS..

RE-READ IT

LOL..

brian
Ok, I got confused for a sec, We're back on top they shouldn't be able to catch us.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 AM
tommynos
JUNIOR BUILDER

im just guessing here but im thinking by the end of the day small blocks will have surpassed you BB guys...real bad :twisted: (looks under sleaves),and (pulls rabbit from hat)
Old 08-24-2007, 07:17 PM
camaro74454
JUNIOR BUILDER

Well in the end..we know that the big blocks lost to the small block guy cheatin.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Well in the end..we know that the big blocks lost to the small block guy cheatin.
HUH?? I haven't even voted yet,along with 6 others that come on here???

Don't get your undies in a wad now,the IP tracker is workin fine :P :P :P
Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by woodsman
Originally Posted by Bubstr
I'd like to vote for both. Different horses for different courses.

A circle track, where cubic inches are limited by rules or traction and less weight is worth it's weight in horsepower, Small blocks do rule. Where you have no cubic inch limitations, Big blocks come into their own.

I think the reason we have these debates is us car guys think with our hearts instead of our minds. That's why there are Chevy guys, Ford guys, Mopar guys, and now even Import guys.

My heart still says put a Hemi in everything.
What size Hemi is that you are talking about in CID.
Ran three sizes, 354, 392 and 426, but the 426 was the money maker if you ran gas.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
doubler
APPRENTICE

Okay, I didn't want to get pulled into this but I since the Big Blocks are losing I will cast a vote for BBC.

I remember I had build up a pretty good 350 for my 69 chevelle, and I bought a 67 SS 396 Chevelle not to long after I got the 69 done. My buddy drove my small block car home and I drove my "new" 396 home and outran what I thougt was a pretty decent small block. THe 396 was a bone stock 325hp motor. It was close but the 396 was faster. I was a BBC guy after that. I spent a fair amount building the 350 and then a bone stock 396 was faster? That was all I needed!

Anyways,, I think its the torque that impresses everyone that drives a BBC. And I think that torque is what makes up for the rpms. I had a friend that had a high winding small block and yes he ran fast but at 10000+ rpm. It was a 5spd car and it was wicked low 10 second car. I ran high tens and low 11's with not much of a 427 we built for the chevelle and it didn't have the chassis that he did or transmission at that time.

If Size doesn't matter then why are all the small blocks trying to be big blocks these days? Why not just run a 350 or smaller and call it good? A 454 small block? Not very small...these big inch small blocks are impressive though. It all comes down to what you like, and what your budget allows. I think you can get there easier with the BBC. I like them both, just have been a BBC guy for a long time.

Peace out...
Old 08-25-2007, 03:52 AM
camaro74454
JUNIOR BUILDER

HUH?? I haven't even voted yet,along with 6 others that come on here???

Don't get your undies in a wad now,the IP tracker is workin fine :P :P :P
Hahaha, I'm just bustin Tommy's chops some. I'm tryin to convert him. And a little brain washin...But thats hard to do when you can't find it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -