Tribute to my Brother

Old 07-18-2012, 07:17 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

B i am so sorry to hear this news our thoughts and Prayers go out to you and yours.
Stay strong my friend .
I do know how you feel as some may know i lost my little sister three years ago to a over dose from her boyfriend that shot her up so i do have a very heavy heart for you if you need to talk you have my info and you are more than welcome to call me anytime .
Old 07-18-2012, 07:58 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear of your families loss, your brother was born the same month and year that i purchased a house in Anderson SC. 45 yrs ago your town and moved there for a couple yrs. where i raced and met your dad and some family members, you were just a little boy then, and you and I have been friends since the day i signed on to RJ over 6 yrs. ago.
Preyers are with us all on RJ, we are a family of friends and when 1 hurts we all hurt including myself. I too have had friends that got into drugs and alcohol only too see them hurt their life,family, and friends.
Again preyer is the only cure, but it may be yrs. before the 9 yr. understands.

Zip.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Brian-

I just saw this today. First; let me say that this whole thing is really, really sad & I feel for you big time (goes w/o saying). I have been close to what your brother went through... but escaped it somehow. I am very pleased to hear he worked the 12-step. Being he did that; I know him some. That shows he had some serious amends, goals, forgiveness & recognized God as the author of the truth. At the very least you can rest assure he is in the right place & with the right people now... no more afflictions.

Although I am trying to look at the lighter side of all this, I know how hard this is going to be for his family & you. I too lost a loved one due to the result of narcotics. It is hard to understand. It is hard to relate to addiction unless you are an addict; even then, it is hard to understand. Your brother, myself & countless others have fought this battle ONLY to find God at a deeper level... but he makes us save ourselves on this one... becasue he has already saved us from ourselves & sin. Every addict passes a "point of no return"... you can only recover the rest of life. Man I am at least glad he no longer has to bear that cross anymore.

Zip is spot on. God is the truth & the light in all things... you guys will need him more than ever. My prayer for you guys is that this does not rattle your faith... because it will grow stronger now. I am sure you are a great uncle, brother & family man!! Ask God to give you the words in the funeral, for the kids, his wife, all your loved ones... now & beyond. Be courageous & speak in your bothers absence... it is okay to cry... I am crying right now too. CALL ON US FOR ANYTHING. Scooter/Casey
Old 07-18-2012, 03:00 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Just talked with my own brother, cannot even imagine what it'd be like to loose him, and he me. He is an alky and is again dry, I was suicidal at times in my 20's-30's(PTSD), we both participate in risky behavior ( racing ). dang tears.... Honor your brother by guiding his kids in the correct direction and living your own life in an honorable way.....
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I haven't heard from BJ since the day after this. I know it's gotta be really hard on him.
Please keep BJ and his family in your thoughts. Just because this thread slowed down doesn't mean it's forgotten!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:08 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I haven't heard from BJ since the day after this. I know it's gotta be really hard on him.
Please keep BJ and his family in your thoughts. Just because this thread slowed down doesn't mean it's forgotten!
Thanks for the update Rabbit.
Brian hoping things are getting better day by day. Your rj friends are here if needed.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Wabb is right. We have not forgotten you or your brother Juice. I pray for you/your families healing & pain.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I texted him this morning, he's spending some quality time with the family. I am sure he will check in when he gets back

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good man Chris. At least he is together with his family.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Brian, sorry for your loss and our preyers go out to you and your family.

I too lost a brother (older) in 1996 35yearsold to drugs and also got clean, it was very hard to deal with and still is as the tears still flow at times of remembering the days he was here.

Robert and Vickie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -