Ed-Vanced Engines,Ed Wilson

Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Robert1320
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Ed

I have spoke to Ed a few times and he knows what he is talking about. I am glad Ed is getting some press.

Congrats!!!! 8)
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Hi Robert,
Thanks.

Did you ever order any of those lifters I told you about?

Ed
Old 05-22-2007, 05:03 AM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Ed, Are you related to Joe Wilson from Plano?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Robert1320
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
Hi Robert,
Thanks.

Did you ever order any of those lifters I told you about?

Ed
World Ford Challenge was in town over the weekend and I was busy.
I plan on calling this week.

Thanks
Robert
Old 05-23-2007, 12:54 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Ed, Are you related to Joe Wilson from Plano?
No, But I am very related to the guy that a few brave souls call Jewel Wilson.

Jewel Edward Wilson
Old 05-23-2007, 03:28 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ARE YOU A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!!!! 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Old 05-23-2007, 03:40 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

ARE YOU A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Maybe the In the rough part applies. I look kinda rough usuially.

Ed
Old 07-12-2007, 12:21 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

The BRC Nitrous BB Chevy type of Piston which works in Pontiac - Ford Motorsports A Heads,- Brodix Big Duke - Dart Big Chief and early DRCE1 combustion chambers. Different dome sizes available in this same profile and different valve angles and valve spacings available as needed for the exact application. Similar but different profile is availaible for BB Chevy Conventional heads too.

As you look at the internal views you can see a few of the design changes and extra machining which set these pistons apart from many others for the same applications. You can not see any exact thicknesses or exact specs though. You can see some of the extra skirt strengthening and extra milling processes. You can see the fully shaped profile milled dome.

WE have also done these in SB Chevys in either Dome, or Reversed Dome designs. Flat top would be easier but have not done it in flat top yet. These in the SB DEsigns look different but are holding engines with up to 700 horsepower of nitrous.

Ed

Ps;
I have read and heard more than plenty of comments about me trying to re-invent the wheel etc. FYI. The wheeel has been re-invented countless thousands of times.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:50 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Ok, I have received several emails regarding the BRC Pistons for nitrous.

Here is my response and I hope this helps you to understand a little better. I am nothing special. I am not a big high dollar buyer. Fact is, I likley buy less than most of their customers. I am a no buck lower budget wannabee engine builder that has never made it. I am still chasing my dream of many.

Ed

Hi,
Appreciate the email.

To begin with, it is not all that unusual for me to get custom made parts specifically made to the way I want them, from several of my suppliers. This is just the first time, one has tooted my horn for me.

I am a very very small budget buider that is not swamped with engine building business and most of my customers are also financially struggling. The calibre of customers that my friends, Mr Gene, Vinnie at Scott Shaffiroff Racing, Pat at Musi's, Bruce at WopShop and many others get have never found my door bell. I usually start with used swap meet or racing junk or ebay heads or parts and do the best I can with them. Even my baddest over 2,000 hp engine began with heads that are 15 year old Pro Stock Throw-aways from a for sale used purchase..

The pistons that BRC does for me are different from those they do for the mainstream public. That is why they included my phone number and my mailing address in their webpage. I suggested for them to show the inside of the piston where the actual design strength is on their webpage but that is not what they want. They told me, that people can contact me, for my special designs, or buy them if they want to see inside.

Both the BB Piston and the Brand New SB Piston had to begin with blank forging design changes in order to build from. They will also be using the newer forging for their regular order pistons too.

The one they are showing on their webpage was a piston that they did for me for a Nitrous Mud racer using Alcohol. The specific dome shape is only a small part of the piston design. The actual piston forging and all the internal reinforcements and internal lightening can be used with any big bore configuration with any dome shape. The internal measurements and machining is what that piston is really all about and the dome profile is such that is helps promote a more complete burn on any of the named cylinder head combustion chamber shapes.

After that came out in the National Dragster and BRC put it on their webpage I have caught a lot of trash talking about me tricking BRC and me lying about me designing the piston etc. I would think that if they were the ones who made it they should know if it was my design or not. I had no idea they were going to do this and the person who made the webpage and who sent in the article to National Dragster is their new marketing manager, so he only caught the tail end of what he was hearing the actual design engineer and the shop foreman and the owner talking about and he decided on his own to make an interest story of a customer designing his own dome. I found out about the National Dragster artice after it had already been sent in.

Several months ago I had suggested to them at BRC that I would have no problem if they wanted to advertise and put a pic of my piston in their new catalog as something else they have available becuase no one else is advertsing a specific designed nitrous piston for a BB Chevy using those cylinder head chambers. Each head does have different valve positions and sizes but the basic chamber shape is the same. So the new marketing manager, while attending a meeting between office manager, engineeer, shop foreman, and the owner, about them bringing up the idea of putting a pic of a piston showing Ed's dome profile in their advertisements. So he ran with the idea and now I am their featured engine builder as the first one in what will become a series. He contacted me about having a few of my customers to send him car pics and some info about their cars. He selected what he put on the webpage. When he told me what he was doing, I started loading my photobucket with a few vids and opics of cars and *The Tiger* pics and vids. They Like the Blue Camaro called *The Tiger* So it has been included in the new catalog and in their mail out brochures as well.

Now about a Small Block Nitrous Specific Piston.
Currently as we speak that is in process of being made for me. We have been working out the details of it for several weeks and now the design is complete and I should have it in my hand in appx 2 to 3 weeks to see if it as I designed and wanted. It turns out that the smallest Compression Distance I will be be able to do this on will be a CD of 1.150 and larger. It has promise but so far no trials and proving like the BB Nitrous Specific Piston has. We are including strength and ridgity in critical areas and in non-critical areas are doing a lot of lightening with milling machine or CNC. The skirt is designed to flex some but to not colapse like usually happens from nitrous use minor detonations. That skirt design is working so far pretty well in the BB Chevy pistons it is on.

The BB Design of forging and mods carries my initials in the part#. I do not know if the new SB will or not.

Hope this long winded explanation helps some.

Ed
972-633-0563
Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Stay with it Ed your time is coming. Building something from nothing and it staying together then that's a master piece.Your initials in the part # is a start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -