BEWARE of Golden Classics!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM
R66SS427
JOURNEYMAN

Default BEWARE of Golden Classics!!!!

As some of you may remember, I had a problem with these people back in jan trying to get my car. Then, when it arrived, I found several things wrong that they were "suppoedly" checking out in their socalled "pre-ship checklist". Right. I've spent over $650. just to get this car to pass NY inspection.
OK.Fast forward to this afternoon. Being in northern N.Y., the roads are just getting cleaned up from the winter salt. So I take the car out of the garage for the first time since it arrived on jan 21st. It's 4 miles down the road to the local gas station. First time the car has been "up to temp" since I've owned it. I'm checking all the gauges and about 2 miles down the street, I'm at 10 lbs of oil pressure!!! This is a motor that they advertised as "A new 468 big block". Long story short, I've called, e-mailed and get no answer at the dealer, no returns on my e-mails. They've been payed and now they don't know me. I paid $28,500. up front for this car in good faith. BIG mistake with these people.
I've been very patient with this dealer, but I'm done being nice. In my opinion, they sold me a car that is NOTHING like it was advertised.
Be VERY careful dealing with Golden Classics of Clearwater Florida.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I did some searching this is the only thing I found.

Since 2003, Golden Classics has had a dozen complaints filed against it at the Better Business Bureau and three others with the Pinellas County Department of Justice and Consumer Services for advertising, sales practices, refund or exchange issues

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/13/ne..._t_want_.shtml
Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 AM
R66SS427
JOURNEYMAN

Slowmotion, thank you very much, I'll add it to my files.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:11 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

That should be a lesson to ANYONE dropping that kind of dough on a car( sight unseen I might add) that you should do your homework. Absolutely no disrespect intended...but if SLOWMOTION found that out that easily ..then a little research could have saved you all the grief. :? Again, I know you know that already and hindsites 20-20...just making a point. I am sorry you got hosed on the deal and I hope it works out in the end.
I hate crooks.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Have you contacted the Florida State's Attorney General yet? Probably be a good place to start.

Tod74 is dead on correct about checking the car over during a long distance purchase. Folks, spend the $100 on an independent appraisal-its cheap insurance.

Good luck Mach.

Later
Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 PM
R66SS427
JOURNEYMAN

I realize I bought the car sight unseen. I am very old school in that I trusted the guy. I checked out his web site, called a few past customers and spent days going over the pictures. What is upseting me is, they told me on several occassions that they were fixing things that never got fixed. They told me that it was in "pre-ship inspection" on a lift, going over everything to be sure it was "perfect". It arrived with: a tailpipe broke and hanging by the header, at least 6 leaks in the tailpipes , no e-brake cable, no wiper linkage, oil running out the front seal, antifreeze leaking out of a crack in the rad, two broken arm rests in the "brand new interior" the pan gasket is leaking oil, and I'm sure I've forgotten something. Bottom line, he misrepresented the car way too far. I did my part, I payed up front, and now he doesn't have the guts to even talk to me about it. He's (in my opinion) a scumbag thief. Period.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Mach-You sound like a guy who would have good documentation on this transaction. Write a letter to the Fla Attorney General-I think it might help.

You need to think of ways to get their attention-and that is hitting them in their wallet. You can do exactly what you are doing-post on websites, you can also notify every agency in Florida, you can also do other things.

Maybe register the URL WWW.goldenclassicsproblems.com. Start a blog on the site that people can read. Think of how the owner would feel if your URL came up right under his on every Google search.

You must apply consistent pressure on these guys-be a mosquito and buzz around their heads until they are ready to scream.

And if you dont get any money back, so what? If you annoyed them and caused them headaches, you got your pound of flesh a different way.

Just my opinion.

Later
Old 04-18-2008, 12:14 AM
R66SS427
JOURNEYMAN

Scorpion, I like your way of thinking. Whatever the outcome, they are NOT going to forget me. Thanks
Old 04-18-2008, 04:14 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hotnewmach
He's (in my opinion) a scumbag thief. Period.
I agree. By the way I was NOT trying to slam you in any way...just pointing out that it pays to do research...which it sounds as though you did.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 AM
R66SS427
JOURNEYMAN

Tod74, thank you. I thought I checked out the place well enough. Turns out that the only real way to do business in todays world is face to face. It just sucks that guys like this go on burning innocent people and nothing is done about it. It's really not about the money with me. It's more about good business ethics. Something GOLDEN CLASSICS has none of.
Trust me, I have the time, the resources and the DESIRE to let people know just what kind of business he runs. Anybody can say "we're one of the most respected classic car dealers in the country". Says who? Ummmm.....don't put me on that list, eh buddy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -