Watch out for Nick Claborne in ALbany KY

Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Ol Nick hasnt changed. He promised to pay me travel exspenses if I brought a car all the way to his place in Albany Ky to do a trade. After we exchanged vehicles he said it was late and he hadnt gone to the bank but he would put $100 in my paypal act. the next day. Today makes two weeks and no deposit. This post had dropped of the 1st page of the board and I didnt do a search. I should have done more research on him but you live and learn. Nick ol buddy this I will promise you I will be a thorn in your side for a long time to come. :twisted:
Old 08-12-2009, 04:03 PM
dtperformance
SENIOR BUILDER

YUP!!! Got me also owes me a 68 Camaro 4 inch fiberglass hood I never got from a deal 5 months ago. Said he shipped it and never got it. Would not return any emails or PMs
Old 08-12-2009, 04:52 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by dtperformance
YUP!!! Got me also owes me a 68 Camaro 4 inch fiberglass hood I never got from a deal 5 months ago. Said he shipped it and never got it. Would not return any emails or PMs
I have a bike trip planed in Sept. Will be going near him if he hasnt paid up by then I think I will stop by and pay him a visit. Some body else emailed me and said he owed their friend a trany. When I stop by I will see if he has your hood and that guys trany. Maybe we should have one of our old ladies follow in a pickup. Hard to tell what all we might find. :wink:
Old 08-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wvhippie
I have a bike trip planed in Sept. Will be going near him if he hasnt paid up by then I think I will stop by and pay him a visit. Some body else emailed me and said he owed their friend a trany. When I stop by I will see if he has your hood and that guys trany. Maybe we should have one of our old ladies follow in a pickup. Hard to tell what all we might find. :wink:
Suggestion.

Get the names of everyone who was scammed and as a group contact the police department in his area. Let them know you are coming to collect, would like to file a police report and then be accompanied to the residence for your stuff.

Dont you think that will cause a heckuva lot more aggravation that way? Take your camera as well so you can snap some pics- that will just tick him off.

Do it the right way so you can inflict the type of misery that lingers for years. Bones and bruises heal-litigation, criminal investigation and court proceedings can be the type of hassle that lasts for years.

BTW, when you get your stuff- make sure you get his address correct. Why?

Because you are going to send him an Xmas card annually to remind him that you are the guy who made his life miserable. No return address of course.

Scorp
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 AM
johnnym
APPRENTICE

Default Nick Claborn is not a man of his word and a scammer

Let me tell you, I had the misfortune to deal with Nick Claborn(claborn5). He called me one night pushing me on a trade that he had. It was a 93 Cobra with a turbo. I coul tell that he was full of bull but the car did look good in the pictures. I followed through with what he wanted. He said we had to do the deal the next day. I spent the next morning getting someone to haul my car. When it came time to get in contact with claborn I spent the next five days getting the run around. Then finally he called and said if I would pay his fuel he would bring it to me. I waited all day Saturday and until this day I have not heard from him since. Luckily I lost just $100.00 dollars or so but still thats too much. Unless he has moved, I called around Albany Kentucky and have his Home number, Street Address, Cousins Cell number and Home number if anyone is interested. Nick just fair warning, all this mess is going to catch up with you! In my experience it is better to mess with a mans wife than mess with his car trading!

Everybody stay away from Nick Claborn(Claborn5)

Nick if you read this and would like to call me my cell is 828-736-6582

Hope this helps,
Johnny M
Old 08-13-2009, 09:14 AM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Originally Posted by wvhippie
Suggestion.

Get the names of everyone who was scammed and as a group contact the police department in his area. Let them know you are coming to collect, would like to file a police report and then be accompanied to the residence for your stuff.

Dont you think that will cause a heckuva lot more aggravation that way? Take your camera as well so you can snap some pics- that will just tick him off.

Do it the right way so you can inflict the type of misery that lingers for years. Bones and bruises heal-litigation, criminal investigation and court proceedings can be the type of hassle that lasts for years.

BTW, when you get your stuff- make sure you get his address correct. Why?

Because you are going to send him an Xmas card annually to remind him that you are the guy who made his life miserable. No return address of course.

Scorp
Scorp thanks for the advice. I am game if you other guys are. Send me a message and we can get together and work out the details. He emailed me this morning so he is still responding to me. He said he had some sickness in his family and that is why he hadnt sent the money this time. I told him again that I would not go away and he should just pay up. It is no the money it is the principle of it. If I owed him I would pay him and I exspect the same. If you guys want to get together let me know.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 AM
transam4357
JOURNEYMAN

well i just talked to him about thirty miutes ago i am fgame. i just traded a drag car project for a ford escape that he was buying parts for but now after being confronted with this issue on here he dosent want to do it . i will go i am in hopkinsville. i got a nice suprise for him
Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Nick just sent me my money via Western Union. He said he had the hood that he owes the guy and he will send it. Stay in touch with him and maybe you can work it out. Thanks to the forum and everybody if there is anything I can do for any of you let me know. Anthony.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
transam4357
JOURNEYMAN

good deal whipple
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Email Claborn5 and let him know about this thread.

Then contact the police department in his area- let the officer know that you would like to arrange a conference call with the entire group of buyers who have been scammed- Set the conference call up through ATT with a passcode. When the officer has a large group all of which are willing to take action- I expect he will move.

For whoever is traveling to his jurisdiction I would make him the point person for collection.

If you go after him as a group, I have a gut feeling that you have a good chance to collect.

I recommend you take this offline and coordinate. A structured professional approach to the police will get a quick and directed response.

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -