My ride video

Old 09-29-2007, 09:41 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks guys. Yeah Tom, don't know what it will do then but it'll be fun finding out. I would like to see some 5.30s before the end of the season but I gotta find another tenth there somewhere and that's gonna be tough to do. Crew Chief Pro showed 767 hp at the rear wheels from tonight. That's pushin that 496 with no spray.

George
Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Damn straight you getting a lot out of that 496 without no spray.......damn that Thing sounds GOOD....WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT.?..it sounds meaner the 2nd set of VIDS over the cooler weather Vid..whatever you did is going to really up the ANTI on that 496 late fall..
Congrats George...thats moving awesome in a 496 door car..i DO NOT care who you who..

ps : My 2 cents...on making up the 1/10 et....don't know how old those tires are,, could be new for all i know..but if not...New tires always contributes something if your olds ones have many runs on them..

Brian..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-30-2007, 08:29 AM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Funny you say it sounds meaner. I usually warm the car up driving it around without the driver's door on it. Once I get the temps up I will punch it a little up to about 4000 rpm a couple of times coming up the return road. I did that yesterday and it 'bout cracked my eardrums.

I rebuilt the motor a few weeks ago and am just getting the tune right. The rear tires are brand new. The first run last night was the 4th on the slicks so they are just now starting to bite plus I'm still playing with the pressure to see what they like. It's the first set of M/Ts I have run and they definately want more pressure than I ran in the GYs. I ran 8 in the GYs and last night ran 9 in the M/Ts and it looks like they want even more.

I have a 454-R intake on the way that I want to try. My Super Vic has done great but still might be just a tad big. I guess I'll find out if I change intakes and the car falls off any.

Take care,

George
Old 09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by gdmii
Thanks guys. Yeah Tom, don't know what it will do then but it'll be fun finding out. I would like to see some 5.30s before the end of the season but I gotta find another tenth there somewhere and that's gonna be tough to do. Crew Chief Pro showed 767 hp at the rear wheels from tonight. That's pushin that 496 with no spray.

George
http://www.motorsportsracingfuels.com/RacingFuel.html I found you and me both a tenth or more go to power additives and there's our tenth.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Hmmm...some of that stuff sounds pretty interesting. Which one you gonna try??

George
Old 09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I know where you can pick up 1/2 second,and it comes in a 10lb bottle :P
Old 09-30-2007, 06:48 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
I know where you can pick up 1/2 second,and it comes in a 10lb bottle :P
Old 09-30-2007, 07:25 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

George I myself is a ways off from using anything until I get mine where I can say I've got all I can get out of mine and then that may be to much for me and my hotrod. But in show off you will see my brothers truck and he has got about all he's going to get out of his setup so he may squeeze another tenth or two out this way. I have seen the propylene oxide work before and there is no turning to do just pour an go. I would like to see if that super blue 007 works. They said a 12% hp increase you put that on a calculator with your hp now plus 12% you are looking at 859 hp. So that would be like a 10lb bottle. BUT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING DO YOUR RESEARCH talk to the people and find out if its right for your engine set up. Have fun and keep it on all fours.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

I'll have to call them and get the particulars. The 007 looks like for gas only so I won't be trying that as I'm on alky. The ones for alky I saw were the P.O., says about 8% increase, Nitro XRP, says "substantial" power increase, and Klotz Nitro, just says maximum power increase. I would think the ones with nitro would require some timing changes if not jetting changes as well. I'll try to call them tomorrow and see what they say. I'll let ya know.

George