Bought motor w/trans

Old 06-28-2007, 07:43 PM
illss
APPRENTICE

READ FROM THE BOTTOM CAUSE THATS THE BEGINNING.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Motor
Re: Ad #886222
Message: 3951511 is the casting number on the rear, like i said, it is the original engine to this impala. And these have 4bolt main caps!

On [2007-06-07 22:22:42] illss wrote:
>
> U know the casting number on the block?
> On [2007-06-06 21:42:21] transand wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Josh, i see it in my paypal. Here is my address. 1561 Struble rd.
> > MUIR MICHIGAN 48860 Ill see you sunday,just give me a call when you take off. thanks Andy Fox...
> > On [2007-06-06 19:51:48] illss wrote:
> > >
> > > Money was just sent now . Thanks an ill see u this weekend. U have my number if theres a problem.
> > > On [2007-06-05 17:07:48] transand wrote:
> > > > Yeah, its still active i just checked. I think you just need my e-mail? anyhow, its [email protected]
> > > > On [2007-06-05 16:57:45] illss wrote:
> > > > > i need 2 use paypal to pay it because i already transfered money in my paypal account so if u can check to see if ur still active that"ll be great if not then ima have to pass on it for at least another week .
> > > > >
> > > > > On [2007-06-04 10:13:56] transand wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Hey, why dont you call me first. 517 881 3201 thanks Andy...
> > > > > > On [2007-06-04 07:18:20] illss wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > ok if u say it runs good etc. send me ur paypal address an i will send u the $700 for the motor an trans picked up.
> > > > > > > On [2007-06-03 08:34:25] transand wrote:
> > > > > > > > Sure, if you really want it, and are willing to come after the thing ill sell it to YOU for 700.00 NO LESS!! And yes your intake manifold will fit. thanks Andy...
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > On [2007-06-02 22:38:39] illss wrote:
> > > > > > > > > 2 more questions . 1) I have a 400 with 350 heads so my weiand intake should fit ur 400 heads right ? thats the only concern which i dont think is a prob cause its still a smallblock.. 2) will u take $700 picked up?
> > > > > > > > > On [2007-06-02 20:17:58] transand wrote:
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > my zip code here is 48860 Muir Michigan.
> > > > > > > > > > On [2007-06-02 18:59:57] illss wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > can i have a zip code so i can find out how far u are ? I dont know where lansing is .
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > On [2007-06-02 16:35:40] transand wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > I do have paypal yes, I live in Michigan, mid michigan, 30 minutes west of Lansing.
> > > > > > > > > > > > On [2007-06-02 14:14:07] illss wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > Will u accept paypal ? How far are u again?
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2007-05-27 12:49:59] transand wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > NO, like i said, it could use a good carwashing, and maybee a pair of valve cover gaskets, and install! So anyhow, thats that, if your interested its for sale, thanks Andy...
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2007-05-27 11:14:44] illss wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > so no smoke ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2007-05-26 20:13:17] transand wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > actually runs VERY strong, it had 100,000 miles on it. I pulled it out of my Impala, the engine and transmission work PERFECT. thanks Andy
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2007-05-26 19:16:44] illss wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I NEED A 400 MOTOR FOR MY 71 CHEVELLE AND MY MOTOR IS VERY WEAK RIGHT NOW AN HAS BLOWBY AN SMOKES. hOW IS UR ENGINE ? ANY SMOKE OR KNOCKING ,BLOWBY ETC. ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Old 06-28-2007, 07:47 PM
illss
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
Hey illss, That picture gives you another good 4 reasons to come on in here, right :?:
Yes it does :!:
Old 06-28-2007, 08:36 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I would like you to know when you use Pay Pal you have like 30 days to file to dispute a transaction. I suggest you file it right away. Looks like you can do something about this based on the dates and your claim of the condition of the motor. Also go to the 3rd post in the scammer section and read it as it pertains to transactions via the internet and the ramifications involved by conducting business using the internet if you sell a product and it is not as represented. I am not taking a side here I am just telling you what I have seen happen when you follow what the law says and if a person does not follow the law they are setting themselves up for alot of problems using the internet....The law is really trying to cut down internet fraud and they want to get it in check before it gets totally out of hand..Good luck and please keep us posted...
Old 06-29-2007, 04:34 AM
excelerater
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Seems like a good deal to me,did you actually plan on running it like shown?
Its ready for a rebuild and sold as such,looks like a fair deal to me too
Old 06-29-2007, 04:45 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Ills, this is info had you posted originally would have saved us all a lot of time...
On [2007-05-27 12:49:59] transand wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > NO, like i said, it could use a good carwashing, and maybee a pair of valve cover gaskets, and install! So anyhow, thats that, if your interested its for sale, thanks Andy...

Now, I see he did tell you that the engine DID NOT smoke.
With that in mind you do have some recourse if you so desire to pursue it.

I still feel it was up to you to inspect the engine closely, it has nothing to do with wanting to trust the seller, but good business, and if he had been on the up and up would not have minded or objected to you doing so.
In fact many honest sellers will tear it down if you ask before you get there to inspect it.

With all of that said and at risk of beating a dead horse, now you need to decide whether it is worth the added time and money to go back on this guy. Also, if you used a credit card on paypal, you can dispute it with your cc company.

As stated above good luck and let us know what you decide to do.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:02 AM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by illss
Originally Posted by alscoupe
Here you go hippie, since ya missed it, hope the wife ain't lookin.

Nice ![/quote]I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:36 PM
illss
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by excelerater
Seems like a good deal to me,did you actually plan on running it like shown?
Its ready for a rebuild and sold as such,looks like a fair deal to me too
Uh yeah but i was just gonna clean it an slap it in an it wouldve been a ok deal if it was good .
Old 06-29-2007, 04:39 PM
illss
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by chevguy65
Ills, this is info had you posted originally would have saved us all a lot of time...
On [2007-05-27 12:49:59] transand wrote:

Now, I see he did tell you that the engine DID NOT smoke.
With that in mind you do have some recourse if you so desire to pursue it.

I still feel it was up to you to inspect the engine closely, it has nothing to do with wanting to trust the seller, but good business, and if he had been on the up and up would not have minded or objected to you doing so.
In fact many honest sellers will tear it down if you ask before you get there to inspect it.

With all of that said and at risk of beating a dead horse, now you need to decide whether it is worth the added time and money to go back on this guy. Also, if you used a credit card on paypal, you can dispute it with your cc company.

As stated above good luck and let us know what you decide to do.
I've been saying the whole time that he said it was good . an eitherway carma will nail him so ima drop it already an again i just wanted people AWARE thats it . I'm not beggin for anything an just being a good guy an watching out for other people .
Old 06-29-2007, 05:34 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I've been saying the whole time that he said it was good . an eitherway carma will nail him so ima drop it already an again i just wanted people AWARE thats it . I'm not beggin for anything an just being a good guy an watching out for other people .
Hey illss, Do you happen to have a sister that looks as good as either one of the above....You cracked me up on that just being a good guy :lol: ...Thats what we all say ...LOL...Glad to have you around and if you have that sister please let me know...Especially the one on the right with the BIG NICE GRIN...
Old 06-29-2007, 10:56 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
Hey illss, Do you happen to have a sister that looks as good as either one of the above....You cracked me up on that just being a good guy :lol: ...Thats what we all say ...LOL...Glad to have you around and if you have that sister please let me know...Especially the one on the right with the BIG NICE GRIN...
No the one on the left man....are you dyslexic?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -